• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 3.0 flywheel

no all would be drilled for pressure plate as they for manual transmission.
  2. 3.0 flywheel

Hello Everyone, I got a 92 Ranger RWD I am converting to 5 speed. I have a chance to pick up a nice great shape 96 Ranger 3.0 with a 5 speed and or a 2000 w 3.0 I see they are showing 2 different flywheels for the year models 92 and 96. Anyone know what the exact change was on the newer 3.0...
  3. 94-97 5 speed

My ACE Hardware has a great selection of Metric an SAE bolts and they also have grade 8 and of course they will be getting a drop of blue on them. I am just trying to get as much together before I start tear down as I can.
  4. 94-97 5 speed

Ok members, Anyone have a line on pressure plate bolts that will fit in the LUK flywheel? I hate to go back to pick and pull to drop a transmission for a set of bolts for the pressure plate. I may make a trip anyway just to go ahead and pull another 5 speed and get all the needed bolts and a...
  5. 94-97 5 speed

The transmission,shifter,driveshaft was 240$ The wiring harness floor plate for 5 speed, 2 speedometer gear assembly 2 shifter accessory mounts 1 with cup holder 1 no cup holder ( just the square mounting ring for shifter boot) 2 shifter boots,clutch/brake pedal assembly was 40$
  6. 94-97 5 speed

dad burn, I had another in my hand today and left it there.
  7. 94-97 5 speed

Well back from pick an pull again. Under 300$ for 5 speed,driveshaft,shifter with or without the cup holder,floor plate for 5 speed. So now wait for more money to my pocket and order the new clutch,flywheel,clutch master assy and slave cylinder and 3 new Spicer U joints and center support bearing.
  8. 94-97 5 speed

Heading back to pick and pull Wednesday. Will be taking my 10mm up to 22mm 1/2 drive sockets ,swivels,half mile of extensions. Other basic tools and of course prybar to lock driveshaft in place to remove it from rear end flange. Anyone know if I need anything else to pull the 5 speed from the...
  9. 94-97 5 speed

The 94 I looked at the other day guy wanted to much for his 5 speed. The 94 I looked at today had a 4 cyl. I found the 92 super cab with 4 cyl 5 speed about 3 trucks down from the 94. So I pulled all I could from it to go on my 92 super cab 3.0 auto to manual conversion. Just need to go get the...
  10. 94-97 5 speed

I throw that non tilt cover in trash then and look when I back up there in middle of week. If the daughter can not learn to drive a 5 speed will be spending a ton of money on another truck or automatic for her. But at least I get the truck back on road for under 500$ this summer.
  11. 94-97 5 speed

back from the pick an pull. Found a 96 3.0 5 speed transmission. The 96 has the 3 part transmission cross member with the rubber bushings on each end. Managed to get the clutch/brake pedal assy. shifter boot and shifter cup holder ,and 5 speed trans tunnel plate out of a 92 and the clutch...
  12. 94-97 5 speed

My rear cross member does not have the rubber bushings. It bolts directly to frame like the old school mounts did.
  13. 94-97 5 speed

lowspeed, The seller does not have the cross member all he has is the transmission. So can you tell me if there is a difference in the cross members from auto to 5 speed and if there is a difference from 4 cyl to 3.0 cross member. Where the pedal assy is located it has a 4 cyl 5 speed and I...
  14. 94-97 5 speed

Well I have found my brake clutch pedal assy. 92 Ranger. Found my 5 speed trans. 92 Ranger. Need to locate a driveshaft and crossmember. Then I will see if I can find a cpu for manual 3.0 92.
  15. 94-97 5 speed

lowspeed, Thanks for the info. Oh for sure it going in with new slave master clutch,flywheel,pilot bearing. Just waning to be sure when I do the Frankenstein transplants all it will work in the 92. I beginning to wonder if all this is worth the aggravation at the moment.
  16. 94-97 5 speed

Ok will remember that about the shifter to come from transmission donor truck.. I was only changing the column to get rid of the auto shifter hole. Do you know what the difference in the slave cylinders and clutch master cylinder were? Looks like a 95/96 trans. takes a different slave than a...
  17. 94-97 5 speed

Ok folks. Can anyone tell me if I can remove the complete steering column from the donor truck or do I need to take my steering wheel puller with me? Gathering up the tools to take with me. Got a 91 4cyl 5 speed I getting the clutch/brake pedal assy,shifter and floor plate from got a 95 or 96...
  18. 94-97 5 speed

I can find plenty of manual 89-94/95 trucks but not with 3.0 so my clutch pedal assy will be from 89 to 92 I hope. My trans will be coming out a 95 3.0 5speed. Only thing now to do is wait for dry weather to go check out the donors. Only thing I may end up having to hunt down ib a driveshaft for...
  19. 94-97 5 speed

On doing this conversion I have couple of questions. Does the truck that came from factory with auto. have a grommet, knock out hole in firewall for the master cylinder to pass thru. I do not see 1 on my 92 firewall. And we have had a ton of rain so I have not went and looked at the donor...
  20. 94-97 5 speed

No 2WD truck

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad