• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97 XLT 4.0 5 SPEED RADIO

This has an old Pioneer replacement radio which doesn’t work: just looking for suggestions for an upgrade: single or double? Don’t need CD option: don’t want to spend a ton!! Thanks! Judgejohnmd
  2. THERAPY TRUCK:1997 4.0 5SPD XLT EXT CAB 2WD

I’ve never had a manual with cruise, so no idea at all on that!! I’m down to, hopefully!!, one last item to seal up the A/C: line that goes from compressor to evaporator coil is so corroded at compressor side it just doesn’t seal: part back ordered, but hopefully here next Monday, so fingers...
  3. THERAPY TRUCK:1997 4.0 5SPD XLT EXT CAB 2WD

There’s an Aberdeen in a bunch of states: railroad builder from Aberdeen Scotland named places he stayed from time to time after his home. Judgejohnmd
  4. THERAPY TRUCK:1997 4.0 5SPD XLT EXT CAB 2WD

Decided to bite the bullet and get A/C checked out: (MD SUMMERS ARE UGLY!!”: system had been converted, but, again, this thing has sat for at least 6-7 years: my mechanic loaded system with dye/oil/refrigerant: ran for 2 hours putting out 38 degrees!! Next day I fired it up and realized very...
  5. THERAPY TRUCK:1997 4.0 5SPD XLT EXT CAB 2WD

Thanks! Actually replaced all 3 just before going to paint shop!!
  6. THERAPY TRUCK:1997 4.0 5SPD XLT EXT CAB 2WD

Acquired in Oct 22; redid entire undercarriage-1 1/8 sway bar; all new steering/stabilizer components; performance rotors/brakes with all SS lines; trans/cross member/driveshaft mounts; rear spring hangars & bushings(NEVER do that again!! 3/4” air impact for nearly a day; about did this 82 year...
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) WHAT DOES THIS DO

THANKS!! Judgejohnmd
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) WHAT DOES THIS DO

What is this and what, any does rotating the knob have? Thanks! Judgejohnmd
  9. WATER LEAK FROM COWL??!!

Not even paying rent!!! Dangit! John
  10. WATER LEAK FROM COWL??!!

Do you think perhaps this might have caused water to come into the cab from cowl? Used small vac hose with a .22 cleaning rod taped to it: pulled all this out of the cowl!!! Judgejohnmd
  11. MY 97 XLT 4.0 EXTENDED CAB THERAPY TRUCK

So! After cupla months working at least part of almost every at a friends garage on this truck, with 208K miles, which had sat for at least 5 years-entire undercarriage rusted: calipers/brakes & lines/spring hangers: bad bushings everywhere: sway bar almost rusted thru: new fuel pump &...
  12. TRAN/DIFF ADDITIVES

Getting ready to flush & fill my 97 4.0 5 speed with 8” rear: any recommendations for additives, or just run ATF & Gear Oil? Thanks! Judgejohnmd
  13. New VERY Old Gearhead

97 Ranger XLT 4.0 extended cab: total re-do underneath & interior ; body/bed are great. John
  14. New VERY Old Gearhead

Kinda update! Been slowly working on my “Therapy Truck”(Wife’s designation!!): fortunately have a bud who’s garage is convenient to me, and is very willing to help me out!! Unfortunately; working outside in chilly MD weather isn’t conducive to this old bod!! As with every project; every time we...
  15. 1997 XLT 4.0 ADD TACH

Is there anything in the engine bay I need to hookup/plug in? Thanks for your quick response!!! Judgejohnmd
  16. 1997 XLT 4.0 ADD TACH

My 97 4.0 5 speed has no factory tach: I’d like to replace dash with a factory dash speedo/tach combo: just curious if this is feasible, and whether my wiring already has the necessary tach wiring/plugs, perhaps??!! Thanks! Judgejohnmd
  17. 66MM THROTTLE BODY SWITCH QUESTION

Awesome! Thank You!! John
  18. ANY IDEA WHAT THIS IS??!!

You guys are BANANNAS!! Thanks! John
  19. ANY IDEA WHAT THIS IS??!!

This was stuck on side of the fuse box in engine compartment: woven copper wire ran thru brake opening in firewall, but was cut off inside: says “Silencer Model 591??” Any thoughts/ideas what it is; should I be worried!!???!!!😳👿😁 John in MD

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad