• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. JW20

2.3L ('83-'97) Stumble at Idle

Hey everyone, My 97 2.3 5-spd with ~190K miles has developed a strange issue that just appeared suddenly with no other symptoms. When coming to a stop, the RPM will drop for 3-5 seconds and the engine will idle very rough and almost stall. Then it just goes away and idles fine until I take off...
  2. JW20

Headlight Beam Pattern

I just got done replacing the headlight housings on my 97. The old ones were original and badly oxidized both inside and out, so there really wasn't any saving them. I replaced them with Dorman units because I could not find OEM headlights anywhere. During the install, I took great care to set...
  3. JW20

Dome Light Issues

Hey guys, I'm working on getting my 1997 XLT Extended Cab back to serviceable condition. It seems the door latch switch(es) have failed and the dome light stays on regardless of whether the doors are closed or not. I've tried each position on the slider switch to no avail. I sprayed both...
  4. JW20

Rings for Bed Pockets

So I had a complete set of rings for the bed, and they were on the truck when I bought it many years ago, but I lost the top plate for one of them. Now, I can't seem to find anything like this anywhere. I've seen the retractable kind but those are plastic and I'd prefer the ones like I already...
  5. JW20

Squeaking Noise Inside Cab

Hey guys, I've got a 97 XLT long cab/bed that has developed the most horrendous sound inside the cab. It's coming from somewhere on the passenger side and I cannot reliably reproduce the sound, or determine where exactly it's coming from. It sounds like maybe it's coming from the passenger door...
  6. JW20

2.3L ('83-'97) 1997 2.3L Tune-up Advice

Hey guys, I have a 1997 2.3L 5spd with a little over 180K miles on it. I've had the truck for a very long time, but it was on extended loan to a family member that didn't take the best care of it. It's in dire need of some TLC and seems to have lost some of what little power it had to begin...
  7. JW20

Auxiliary Light Mounting Options?

Hey everyone! I have a 97 XLT with the stock front bumper. I'm looking to mount some PIAA 520 (6") fog lamps and I'm looking for ideas for how to attach them to the bumper. I'd prefer not to replace the bumper. Do any companies make a simple "light bar" for mounting aux lights to the front of a...
  8. JW20

OEM Headlight Assembly Part Number?

Hey everyone, I have a 1997 2.3L manual XLT. The headlight housings are long overdue for replacement. I'd prefer to have OEM headlights, but I can't find the part number anywhere. I'd settle for aftermarket "OEM Style" housings but it just seems like a lot of them are junk. Thank!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad