• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

A4LD transmission service question

That's a dash I got from the junkyard from a Ranger. Just had to clean it up and re-paint it using Dupli-color interior paint. I've also replaced the rear hatch with one w/ a lock and the opening rear window.
  2. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

I agree that the linkage seal could have been compromised when they took the linkage off. Unfortunately I can't prove anything and just had to pay the man. It's a bummer for sure, but hopefully it holds up. I wanted to avoid AAMCO because I think this whole thing was caused by them not...
  3. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

Thanks for the input. I don't ever use stop-leak crap on anything... I've seen the (lack of) results. I paid them to fix it. I generally do most of my own work, but I don't like to mess w/ auto transmissions.
  4. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

I recently had my auto trans repaired to replace a bent flex plate and loose torque converter bolts. I paid to have it done as I didn't really want to get into an automatic trans and just wanted to get back on the road. Before I dropped off the B2 there were no leaks and it shifted fine, just...
  5. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

Need help with tail gate handle.

I think it will work, he just won't be able to lock it. My B2 came w/ a hatch that had no lock cylinder but had a latch from a later model w/ no key slot. There was no way to lock that hatch. I ended up getting a different hatch w/ a lock cylinder so I could lock it up.
  6. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

Color options on the BII?

The majority I see are the EBs w/ the Scarlet Red upper and Chestnut lower striping. I seem to see more of those than the blue and even less of the green.
  7. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

1988 Bronco II Virginia Trail Build

Thank-you for the thorough explanation of your experience w/ Duff. I had been looking at some things on their site and now have decided to go elsewhere. Sorry that you have to go though this.
  8. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

Help confirm my thoughts on rear hatch lock - please

There is a support brace that's part of the rear hatch that is replaced by a removable panel in the hatch that has the lock as a separate cylinder. I've already source another hatch w/ a lock as well as the window that opens. I'm on my way to a solution.
  9. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

Mine has a replacement hatch handle w/ no key slot. There is no provisions in the hatch for power locks, nor is there a hole in the plastic liner for a lock-pull. It looks like it was strictly controlled via the original hatch handle.
  10. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

1988 B2 Auto-Trans issues (loose bolts)

Got my B2 back from the trans shop today. The loose trans to bell-housing bolts caused the flex-plate to crack and bend. None of the bolts (with the exception of the one I replaced) had any loctite on them which contributed to them backing out. They have loctite now. With one side of the...
  11. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

It's a CJ-8 Scrambler. Has a longer wheelbase than the CJ-7. Was built w/ option for the 1/2 hard top or half soft-top. There is a removable lower bulkhead below the rear of the top. Manufacturers later came out w/ full hard tops and full soft-tops. CJ-8 were only available from 1981 to...
  12. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

I thought I'd start a follow-up to another thread that I jumped into: Start/Trans issues I recently purchased my 88 B2 EB from another member here w/ some knocking come from the automatic transmission. It ran through the gears fine and drove fine. The knocking sound was coming from the...
  13. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

That is a crazy price! The doo-dad on my carrier is an antenna mount - the PO was a HAM radio guy. I'm in the process of resolving my problem. I got a hatch from FB Marketplace that has the lock cylinder (that I need to replace). It also has the glass hatch that I would prefer over the...
  14. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

All very interesting. Hard to figure out what year/models had lock cylinders and what didn't! I'm going to just have to replace my hatch since the chances of finding a keyed latch handle are probably very remote! Here's a shot of my lift-gate w/ no way to lock it! Now that I adjusted the...
  15. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

That's one way to do it! I've got a line on a hatch that has the lock cylinder as well as the movable glass. I'll have to see how that pans out.
  16. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

So how do you lock the vehicle?
  17. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

I just acquired a 1988 B2 EB edition. The rear hatch has a wiper and defrost w/ the fixed glass. There is no lock cylinder in the hatch and there is no provision for locking the hatch. From what I can gather, 1984 B2s had a hatch release that was keyed and no lock cylinder. All other years...
  18. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

Starter/Transmission Issue

I will keep you updated. Right now getting some things cleaned up on it before I get the DMV stuff sorted out. Hopefully get it to a trans shop this week or early next.
  19. SPUDLEYDORIGHt

Starter/Transmission Issue

So I bought WildBill23c's B2 this last weekend with the problem he described (he gave me a great deal). I found one of the lower trans bolts completely missing on the passenger side and the middle bolt on the passenger side was backed almost all the way out. I replaced the missing bolt and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad