• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. phantom acceleration

So, I removed the brand new Duralast IAC, installed the old Ford branded IAC and all of my problems went away!!! :) Lesson I learned today (with the GREAT HELP of forum members) is, when replacing electronics or sensors, spend the extra money and get the parts the dealer would use. OEM parts...
  2. phantom acceleration

after reading/researching a lot, I do believe the IAC needs to be replaced (again) with an OEM item. But still, shouldn't an unplugged IAC cause the motor to stall or stumble? The last time i used the Equus Ford OBD1 reader, it was all clear (111) with the KOEO. When I tried the KOER it threw 2...
  3. phantom acceleration

If the vehicle is warmed up and idling fine, shouldn't the motor stumble or stall when I unplug the IAC? I will be replacing the new Duralast IAC (autozone) with a Motorcraft one soon. When the motor is warm and the idle is "calmed down" (drive, come to a stop, high idle for 10-30 seconds, then...
  4. phantom acceleration

Thanks for the responses! I've not ran the OBD1 and checked for codes since I replaced the last parts. But, the CEL is not coming on which is a good sign to me. I've not checked nor messed with the idle screw and don't feel that is the issue. I'm going to try and describe the issue again. Before...
  5. Last 10% of project help wanted in N.E. Alabama

I live in Falkville Where are you?
  6. phantom acceleration

I recently bought a 93 Ranger 3.0 automatic, It was/is running, but rough. It was especially hard to start when cold. The PO had replaced a water pump (new), fuel pump (not sure if new), TPS (junkyard), MAF (junkyard), IAC (junkyard) and there were a few spare fuel injectors in a can in the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad