• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 04 2WD to 99 4wd swap. M5R1

Interesting…. You are the man. I would have thought that wouldn’t been able to interchange. So since i have 4WABS factory and there were sensors in the donor truck I may just have a bad sensor the. I will get a code reader and did into it. Appreciate it
  2. 04 2WD to 99 4wd swap. M5R1

ok I will look into getting a code reader like you recommended. It is a 5 speed and that instance could have been a fluke as I haven’t had it happen anymore. I just need to get my abs figured out. I would think that since I went from 2 to 4wd that my compute or the abs module wouldn’t read the...
  3. 04 2WD to 99 4wd swap. M5R1

Bump…… @RonD Have been putting this project off for a while. I found and will be replacing my 99 transmission with an 04. I have noticed when I do drive it that my abs light stays on and my brakes feel sticky when engaged. I’m digging back from my memories in December but if I’m not mistaken...
  4. 04 2WD to 99 4wd swap. M5R1

So all the drivetrain parts have been swapped over. Along with a new factory muffler and tail pipe. I actually welded up the last hanger this morning. So haven’t had time to actually take it done the road yet gotta dr appointment with a sick kid again 🤦🏼‍♂️ Day care is rough on the wallet and...
  5. 04 2WD to 99 4wd swap. M5R1

Ok that makes more sense. I’m gonna get my driveshaft in Friday after I pick up a deer mount and start on the front end stuff Friday evening and Saturday until it’s time to watch the vols kick off. In the mean time I will get that ordered and on the way so Im sure I will be reaching back out to...
  6. 04 2WD to 99 4wd swap. M5R1

It is possible the SGI-100BT will work. This isn’t a big change in ppm so a Low-Low configuration with a calibration of 1.28, OUT 1 would be sine wave 32,000 and OUT 2 would be square wave 32,000. OUT 2 requires a pull up though. this was the response I got from them this morning. I’m not...
  7. 04 2WD to 99 4wd swap. M5R1

3.0 not really worried about the 4 low as I am building a relay scheme and have reconfigured the factory dash switch with some jumpers and resoldering so no modules. Yes car-part is where I have mainly been looking. Gonna get a few local people to look as well to see what they can come up with...
  8. 04 2WD to 99 4wd swap. M5R1

Thank you for those diagrams. I called them and as soon as I said abs sensor they wouldn’t say no more so I emailed asking about the OSS and rear VSS so we will see what they say. Closest trans I found today was right at 4 hours away and it was $975 so idk about it. Heck if the truck will run...
  9. 04 2WD to 99 4wd swap. M5R1

Ok so the Dakota digital is gonna be the way to go it’s sounding like. So would I tap into the circuit before or after the abs module? I have never messed with anything like this so the wiring part of it seems a little taunting. There are 4 or 5 different wiring diagrams on the instructions on...
  10. 04 2WD to 99 4wd swap. M5R1

Ron I greatly appreciate your reply. After I posted this I did find a few threads about the oss and vss with the years ect. So it looks like I have a few options. I really don’t want to pull the trans again if I don’t have to lol. So if the only difference between the 2 tail housings is a spot...
  11. 04 2WD to 99 4wd swap. M5R1

So I’m working on my 2WD to 4wd conversion. Saturday I got my trans in with the t-case. So my 04 had a output speed sensor in the tail housing and the 99 doesn’t have anywhere in the tail housing or the t-case. From my understanding the 99 gets it’s input for the rear axle? Does anyone have any...
  12. 04 ranger 4wd conversion

*UPDATES* I finally got the twice as heavy trans and t-case in. Pulled the original trans out in about 40 minutes with a buddy and it was a breeze. The new one with the t-case is a monster compared to the 2WD one. Man was it heavy. I did remove the tail pipe and muffler at the flange but left...
  13. Im stupid. Need help.

Grab a bleeder from harbor freight they are like $20. They work wonders when your leg wears out
  14. Driveshaft gurus

I’ve been looking up some part numbers for driveshafts into my 4x4 swap into my 04 edge and I’m showing a difference in years. It’s looking like 99 and older the rear shafts are 2” shorter than 2000+ I’m also going to need to get a front shaft for a bw1354m transfer case. It’s a single cab...
  15. Behemoth 4x4 Electric to Manual Shift Conversion Kit

It looks to be of good quality. Just a little on the pricey side
  16. Front axles differences

so how would I get the factory PVM style hubs to work if I’m going with a manual bw1354 transfer case? I would think it would be a complete nightmare to try to get the electric version to work. Maybe I should have been a little more clear on the original post of everything that was going on...
  17. Front axles differences

Ok. I didn’t realize that about the 2WD on a 98 model still having springs up from. I knew the pre 98 models were spring the. Went to the I-beam configuration. I did go back to cross reference the control arms and sway bars and the numbers match on 99+
  18. Front axles differences

Did a 98 have coil spring set up? I was thinking from 98+ Was a torsion bar setup
  19. Front axles differences

Which is going to bring up another question that some of you may know off top of your head which I can always cross reference but gonna do it the easy way and ask. Other than the spindles being different from 2nd to 4wd are both upper and lower a-arms the same? I’m thinking there shouldn’t be a...
  20. Front axles differences

I needed up finding another thread late last night about the differences. There is only MM differences in lengths according to the parts websites. So from everything I have grasped over the last couple of days is that if I’m wanting to do manual locking hubs I need to go with 98-00 model axles...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad