• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 5R55E shifting trouble

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Vehicle: 2002 Ranger XLT, 4.0 Auto, 161K, electronically shifter transfer case. Me: College educated shadetree mechanic, plenty of engine experience, little transmission experience (I know how to check the fluid, does that count? :P) Short version: I'm looking for...
  2. No reverse, OD, or auto shifting

Howdy! I've got a 2002 4.0L V6 4x4 Automatic, 160K miles, with some transmission issues. Short version, symptoms: Place selector in "R", no movement, akin to being low on fluid. Place selector in "D", no movement, akn to being low on fluid. Place selector in "2" or "1", movement in the correct...
  3. Third brake light in way of camper shell

Howdy. I've got a 2002 Ranger XLT Extended cab and I got myself an aluminum camper shell at a steal today. My issue is my third brake light; it sticks out too far from the cab. I need to do some work on it anyway to attach the third brake light in the camper shell, but I need ideas for making it...
  4. Oil Leak FMS?

Howdy everybody! At the suggestion of BigJim, i'm starting my own thread to sew some ideas about my Ranger. I've got a 2002 4.0L V6 XLT Auto 4WD with 126K miles, using Full Syntec oil. I appear to have an oil leak coming from the front main seal; enough to see oil, not enough to drip on the...
  5. 2002 4.0 OHV loud exhaust rattle on cold start

Morning gentlemen. I'm looking for thoughts, advice, ideas, or any other form of information about the issue i'm having with my '02 Ranger. it's got 113K Miles, I keep it well maintained, and I recently had to replace the thermostat housing (what a job, beware the rockauto replacement part). My...
  6. 2002 4.0 V6 Want to Install hood intake

Greetings. My name is Daniel, and i'm a long time reader here. I've found may helpful things to keep my Ranger running, so thank you. Project: Install a hood mounted intake. Details: I want to install an intake system, using a hood scoop or similar device, that replaces the stock intake. In my...
  7. Front tow hook replacement?

Greetings! I've got an '02 Ranger, 4.0 4X4. I'm looking for ideas and/or information about installing a hitch receiver in place of my tow hooks; I'd like to have a 2" receiver up front too, and i'd like to have it attached directly to the frame for strength. I'd be happy to remove the tow...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad