• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Biggie

Need a diagnosis! Pulleys, belts, or transmission?

Gump thought it was the Clutch fan, that’s what I was planning on WD40’ing. Putting dressing in a locked up part is definitely a unique strategy though.
  2. Biggie

What would be the proper fix? Get some WD40 or other lubricant in there and see if it helps?
  3. Biggie

My 2.9L with an A4LD has begun making this noise at around 4000 RPMs, but once I drop below or gain about 500 RPMs the noise goes away. What gives? Sorry for posting twice in such a short time frame, just trying to get as much information as possible.
  4. Biggie

1987 Ford Ranger Pickup Grey 4WD Manual

Join the 2.9L family, we definitely have the best engine.
  5. Biggie

Send help! Speedometer is broken!

Hey all, This morning my ‘87 2wd 2.9L Ranger’s speedometer began displaying a massively high reading. I was going 35ish, but according to my truck it was double that. So… what now? I couldn’t find any guides for Gen 1s with this particular issue, so do any of you know where I should start...
  6. Biggie

Grinding/Screeching noise when shifting into 3rd Gear (I'm assuming). What's the Diagnosis?

It's always at a specific RPM and only for a few seconds, but if that were true it could save me a few thousand dollars. I guess I could try revving it up to that level tomorrow and get back to you.
  7. Biggie

Grinding/Screeching noise when shifting into 3rd Gear (I'm assuming). What's the Diagnosis?

As the video shows, when I accelerate fast and hit 3rd gear, there is a high-pitched grinding, before the noise stops after a few seconds. I've never worked with transmissions much, especially automatics, so any help would be much appreciated.
  8. Biggie

I can’t find any other rangers with this particular tailgate design. Is my truck the chosen one?

As mentioned in the title, I can’t seem to find any tailgate decal patterns like mine. Could this be some strange aftermarket modification, or a sign that my Ranger is meant to be the prettiest of all the V6s? If it helps, it’s an 87.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad