• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2004 Ranger Engine Repair, Swap, or Scrap?

Thank you everyone for you input. This has really been eye opening & helpful. This process has been really demoralizing. After RonD linked the crate engines I got a ton of hope due to the cost of the remanufactured engines. I called around and the lowest bid I got to swap the original engine...
  2. 2004 Ranger Engine Repair, Swap, or Scrap?

Small update. If anyone would be so kind to take a look at the costs. If I add up the costs for removal/install of heads, new heads, cylinder head gaskets, & cylinder head bolts it comes out to $3115.96. This still seems a bit "high" to me. What do you guys think?
  3. 2004 Ranger Engine Repair, Swap, or Scrap?

Thank you for the welcome and the feedback from everyone. Extremely helpful and reassuring. In talking with my wife she was insistent we pay the $4400 to get the repair done considering the cost of used cars in the world right now as opposed to the $2700 limit I felt comfortable with. I guess...
  4. 2004 Ranger Engine Repair, Swap, or Scrap?

Hello friends, I looking for advice on my 2004 Ford Ranger with a 3.0L V6 OHV 12V that has 147,740 miles on it. The engine in the last few months started throwing error codes P0304 and P0316. This is preventing it from passing emissions so that I can renew the tags. After a bit of googling I...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad