• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1988 key lock cylinder

I’ll keep you guys posted on my intelligence hahaha thank you
  2. 1988 key lock cylinder

Okay, there’s a real good chance I’m a complete idiot…. I don’t think my truck has one. But if there is, that’s just embarrassing hahaha
  3. 1988 key lock cylinder

I’m not 100% sure exactly what plunger you’re talking about to be completely honest, I’ll take a look later at that aswell when I’m home and let you know what I find out. Are you referring to the piece that goes into the ignition switch?
  4. 1988 key lock cylinder

if your talking the pin at the bottom side of the cylinder, no I don’t believe that I caused any damage at all to it. And yeah it is a manual. I’m absolutely flabbergasted as to why it won’t turn back. When I got home from work today, I’ll snap a couple pictures of the lock cylinder hole with...
  5. 1988 key lock cylinder

Hey everyone, im having an issue with my 88 ranger 2.9L. years ago i lost the keys to this unit and needing to replace the lock cylinder. i did the drilling method to remove the only cylinder and installed my new one. SInce then i have not been able to turn the key all the way back to the lock...
  6. 1988 2.9L crank no start, no spark at coil.

So I tried my theory out, I ran a wire from the ICM to the ground near my rad support. Tested to see I was getting 12V first with the key on. Which checked out. Tried to turn it over and nothing. I also replaced the ICM itself with a brand new one.
  7. 1988 2.9L crank no start, no spark at coil.

I’ve had the computer plugged in for all my tests I’ve done. I’ve only been unplugging it from the ignition control module. When I have the module hooked up with the key on I read 12V at the ground, when I unplug my ICM I read 4V. So to try my test out, you are saying to add a wire from...
  8. 1988 2.9L crank no start, no spark at coil.

Okay, so this is a little bizarre… I checked probed the wire just down from where it connects for the ground inside the cab. I was reading 12V I came outside the cab, probed, was reading 12V disconnected the ICM plug from the ICM, checked at that point. Got between 3.95-4.10V.. plugged it back...
  9. 1988 2.9L crank no start, no spark at coil.

I will rip that electrical tape off and check out my connection aswell after I do this test
  10. 1988 2.9L crank no start, no spark at coil.

Okay I gotcha, so if I was to run a new wire I needs to go back to the same spot through the firewall and connect next to the computer. I’m going to attach a photo of the ground I think you might be talking about. Don’t mind the rats nest of wires right now lol. I have my ground wires on my...
  11. 1988 2.9L crank no start, no spark at coil.

Thanks for the well detailed reply. I figured there was a good reason for the tin foil haha, my next question would have to be. Because there is such a weak ground through that wire. Would it make sense to pick that wire up from somewhere near the passenger side fender well and make a new...
  12. 1988 2.9L crank no start, no spark at coil.

Hey guys new to the forum, hoping I might be able to get some help with my crank no start problem.. I’ll start from the beginning.. i have a 1988 Ranger, 2.9L v6 with manual transmission. I initially had a crank so start problem, wasn’t getting fuel. I had tracked it down to being a loose...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad