• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bead sealing HELP!

Appreciate all the advice, sorry took so long replying. I finally got it sealed by taking the valve stem out and filling it with air.
  2. Bead sealing HELP!

I just bought 4 tires (245/75/16) trying to put a tire on rim (rim is 16) and I can't get the bead to seal. When I go to put air in it about an inch or 2 a long the tire doesn't touch the rim. I've tried tightening a strap around tire, hammering the tire, attempted fire, but not sure put enough...
  3. 01 Ranger ac not cooling fully

Mine did the same thing, I have a 2001 also. This is what I found to do. Find A/C compressor, right bottom side of serpentine belt. Get the plate off, takes some prying. There should be a washer behind plate. Remove it and reassemble the plate back on . Should help and have ice cold air always!
  4. 4.0 starter problem

Update; I know it's been a couple few days but wanted to update, might help someone else maybe. No place within 50 miles had my starter 🙄 So I clean it, very good, was looking brand new. Had it tested. Starter was working fine, put it back on and my truck has never started so easy. Probably...
  5. 4.0 starter problem

Ya, after I hit post reply I thought, Duh that's stupid. Already got it off, might as well just replace it. LoL.
  6. 4.0 starter problem

I know this is a pretty dead thread but.... I'm having starter issues, 2001 Ranger 4.0. Sometimes won't start last few weeks, but will start with a little hammer help. I just took it off and it's beyond nasty mess. Sludge, Mud and whatever else. Is there a specific way I need to clean it up...
  7. 2001 Ford Ranger, Rewired tail lights.. now wont start

Oh and I figured out the lights, had to re-ground some spots. As for dash gages I'm taking a few days off from the ranger, haha.
  8. 2001 Ford Ranger, Rewired tail lights.. now wont start

I finally got it. Got frustrated under the truck and happen to take a screwdriver and wacked the hell out of the starter which threw a few sparks. So I had someone try to start it while I got it again and started right up. Hours of frustration for it to only take beating on it. Thanks for...
  9. 2001 Ford Ranger, Rewired tail lights.. now wont start

Also have read somewhere about a Neutral safety switch?!
  10. 2001 Ford Ranger, Rewired tail lights.. now wont start

And Thank you, this site so far has helped a ton with fixing things on this by myself that's for sure!
  11. 2001 Ford Ranger, Rewired tail lights.. now wont start

Battery is fully charged, and only a year old if that. Started just fine prior to wiring fiasco, I just wouldn't think that rewiring tail lights would cause it to not start, but I'm no expert and only a Google/YouTube mechanic at best, haha. Could it be the wiring?
  12. 2001 Ford Ranger, Rewired tail lights.. now wont start

So I had an issue with left side back turn signal and brake light not working. I've been working on rewiring both tail light, after 4 days of non stop YouTube videos and forums. I, what I belive got it all wired back up, Except when push the brake the right side turn signal lights up on dash and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad