• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Dustin_89BII

'89 ignition lock cylinder staying in start position-- loose internals, spring issue, or?

Problem: When I start the truck the key stays in the start position, rather than returning to the run position. This causes the battery to drain and a lot of my electrical accessories to not get power. I have to manually turn the key back to the left a bit to avoid this, but I forget sometimes...
  2. Dustin_89BII

SOLVED: New leaf springs lowered the rear.

I just replaced what I though were sagging leaf springs with new Dorman leafs (42-821). The rear lost about 2” in height. I replaced them myself and the old & new springs looked identical. I didn’t throw away a l block or anything either, lol. I am quite confused. What could have happened...
  3. Dustin_89BII

SOLVED: Thread pitch/type to plug AC compressor manifold port?

Hi folks, just installed new AC components under the hood and annoyingly can’t find the right plug for this aftermarket manifold. I came close with the black 20tp plug. It almost threads in. Any help would be appreciated! Can’t even determine if it’s metric or SAE 🤦🏼‍♂️
  4. Dustin_89BII

SOLVED: Engine dies when spout is removed — possible cm code 14- pip & code 63 tps

Hi folks, I’d love some help with this one. None of the other posts I’ve seen have quite address what I’m experiencing. I just rebuilt and reinstalled the 2.9 in my 1989 bronco II. I got through initial engine break-in well and now I’m trying to set base timing (10 degrees advanced with...
  5. Dustin_89BII

IAC testing help - low/erratic idle. engine dies. PCM not sending signal?

Hi folks. Just rebuilt the 2.9 from my 1989 b2 4x4 and fired up. Still having a low and erratic idle. Got koeo codes 12 & 13 at one point. I am going through the diagnostics for the iac. Here what I’ve done so far: 1) multimeter test of iac unit : 10.7 ohms. (7-13 is spec). 2) multimeter test...
  6. Dustin_89BII

Help with KOEO Code 95 fuel pump circuit open – EEC processor to motor ground

1989 bronco II. I just rebuilt and installed the original 2.9. While attempting the initial startup and break in I got code 95 "fuel pump circuit open – EEC processor to motor ground". I haven't been able to find anything specific on how to fix this issue or problems it would cause. Any help...
  7. Dustin_89BII

SOLVED: cruse control servo location in firewall.

Looked around a bit and in the manual. Can’t find it. Some kind of vac line? 1989 bronco II w/ 2.9. Help!
  8. Dustin_89BII

Crank pulley & AC belt issue

Hi folks, rebuilt a 2.9 and got it installed. Added back the factory ac that’s been missing since I bought the truck. I have a 2-groove pulley on the crank, but need a 3-groove to run the ac belt in the stock configuration (see pic). I instead got a smaller belt and have the ac pulley running...
  9. Dustin_89BII

Need to find AC compressor bracket -1989 2.9

Hi folks, I’m trying to replace some under the hood ac components that were gone when I bought the truck. I need the tensioning bracket that holds the compressor in place. Anyone have an extra?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad