• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. I Know, It's an EV

It gives me a nostalgia for the 1970's small pickups.
  2. I Know, It's an EV

It sure is rockin' those white wall tires...
  3. I Know, It's an EV

Even though it's electric, I find the simplicity in styling to be compelling. https://www.alphamotorinc.com/vehiclereservation
  4. For Sale 87 For $500

Might make someone a parts truck... https://www.nextechclassifieds.com/listings/2131924/
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Wow. What a lot of codes

Ok, so it's been having an occasional problem starting for a while. Quite the majority of the time, it starts just fine. But then once in a while it doesn't want to start, acting like it is being hard to turn over. Let it sit for a minute and it starts normal. Once, while this was happening, I...
  6. Didn't Pass the Smoke Test

I started the pickup to warm it up, turning on the defroster with the blower on low. After a few minutes of shoveling snow, I opened the cab door and smoke rolled out. Don't you just love the smell of wires burning? Now I have a blower that only runs on high. Before I launch into repairs, you...
  7. Fun old article in Motor Trend

https://www.motortrend.com/features/pinto-ponies-march-1981-982-1342-75-1/amp/
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel Rail Valve

I get to looking about this. Found: https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/1622049-can-i-use-normal-tire-valve-core-fuel-schrader-valve.html I had been wondering if there are any rubber parts in a core and what exposure to fuel would do then.
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel Rail Valve

Got to seeing fuel coming out of the schrader valve on the fuel rail. I'm trying to find a replacement valve or a stem to repair it. What am I needing to get? I'm having a hard time finding one.
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Some Codes and Issue

What would that be like driving? I cannot tell if there is any difference at speed. But, maybe it's more subtle then?
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) Some Codes and Issue

Hello. I had to take a look at the codes from the CEL. The situation is that first, the engine seems to take an extra crank or two to start, at least from what I was used to. I mean that it used to start pretty well within a second, now it takes maybe a second and half to two seconds. This is...
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) Idle Air Control Valve Choice

Fortunately I'm thinking mine works. In the meantime, I've been trying to find a Motorcraft or Hitachi IAC valve. I'm finding Motorcraft numbers, but not valves available. I'm not finding any Hitachi numbers yet.
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) IAC question

Thanks Ron for giving me some help here. I need to figure out how to measure RPM's though. Finding a Motorcraft or Hitachi IAC valve is kind of difficult. Still looking though.
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) IAC question

Had an idea. I unplugged the IAC while idling. That had no effect on the idle speed.
  15. Analog Tach Help

One of the codes throwing out is: 411 (R) Idle speed system not controlling idle properly (generally idle too high) – ISC I've taken off the IAC. The valve does not shut all the way, even if plugged in and key turned to ON (which the plug has 12v when ON). I don't know if that's normal. I'd...
  16. Analog Tach Help

This analog meter is old. The leads connect to the wires powering the coil.
  17. Analog Tach Help

Never mind the multi meter. I'm getting different results from nearly each spark plug wire
  18. Analog Tach Help

The 2.3l truck doesn't have a tach. I have two things available to try to figure out engine speed. One is a multi meter that has a Hz reading. The other is this old analog tach. I stick wires into one side of a coil pack. I get a reading of a bit under 3000rpm on the 8 cylinder scale. Using the...
  19. 2.3L ('83-'97) Idle Air Control Valve Choice

I'm looking to order a new IAC valve. I see two choices. One that comes with a round plastic black thing, like the one on the engine, and one without that. Both are listed as valid parts. The one without is cheaper. What does that thing do and is it necessary? Here are pics of the two.
  20. 2.3L ('83-'97) IAC question

Checked the voltage at the IAC valve harness, with the ignition to On and got 12v. Plugged the valve in and the valve did not move, the small gap remains. I'm guessing I need to replace the thing.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad