• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Wayne Ward

1994 4.0 Auto XLT Click noise

Found a loose bolt on the motor mount. No clicking so far!! Thanks
  2. Wayne Ward

1994 4.0 Auto XLT Click noise

We just had the truck's AC repaired and they found a bad injector which we had them do to. We have had it home for a couple weeks, having RPM surge issues which eventually settle out, BUT there is a loud clicking sound in the engine bay when the truck is put into reverse ONLY. Not...
  3. Wayne Ward

Why did a new Gas Tank Fill hose go bad?

Purchased a second one and will be installing soon...would the air getting into the tank from a defective hose cause any idling issues? Had high idle last summer and now its normal but the truck is shaking. Almost like it is trying to stall but cant.
  4. Wayne Ward

Any ideas whom I should purchase the replacement from...just a crape shoot???
  5. Wayne Ward

Yes it is tight...there are splits at both ends of the hose. Here is a pic of the intake end. You should be able to see splits at the flared section.
  6. Wayne Ward

Redid the Gas Tank Fill hose on my 1994 XLT right after I purchased it about 2 years ago. Purchased fill hose from amazon and installed it. Worked well until this winter. Daughter uses it while at college so it does not get filled up much. ((This is also why I am only on when the ranger is...
  7. Wayne Ward

NO codes being read

Thank you
  8. Wayne Ward

NO codes being read

I had just watched the video earlier this week and was going to ask the group if it worked...thank you. How important is this heat shield? It is rattling and a bit loose. Since he is out of my reach for repairs, told him to take it to a muffle shop to have them fix it. Both tabs are broken...
  9. Wayne Ward

NO codes being read

Using a ANCEL AD310 to read the codes on the ranger and it cant read beyond a certain point. Turning on the power to the cig lighter did not work. This is where it stop and the link fails. Any idea what might be the issue? Thank you WWWard
  10. Wayne Ward

NO codes being read

Having it checked now. I actually have a USB socket with and on/off switch installed in the cig light location to turn the socket off. It has a voltage read out on it. Going to have him try the code reader with the USB powered on to see if he gets any codes. Thanks, Ward
  11. Wayne Ward

NO codes being read

1994 4.0 Auto Ranger 4x4 check engine came on. Son was driving it on a long trip and pulled into an O'Reilly's. They tried to get a code off of it but the employee couldn't get a code. After it cooled off he started it back up and the light went out. He drove the rest of the trip with no...
  12. Wayne Ward

1994 Ford Ranger Alternator Charging Issue

Is motorcraft OEM for this or are there others. Rockauto has a Motorcraft for 162 with CC of $15us.
  13. Wayne Ward

So is it time for a new alternator? Rebuilt or new if available? I would like to keep her stock of course as I am not running a winch or a ton of extras.
  14. Wayne Ward

1994 Ford Ranger 4.0 Auto 4x4 brake chatter

Would that cause what is shown on the leading edge of the outside pad...the bevel there seems odd to me. The pulsing comes through the pedal on a hard brake. Getting the darn things off is my next challenge. :)
  15. Wayne Ward

Just the shadow Not sure what the problem really is but warpage is probably it. That bevel in picture one on the lead edge of the pad is not something that I have seen before but makes sense to me now. Thanks
  16. Wayne Ward

Currently I am getting between 14.3 and 13.3 coming from the alternator while driving. (I have a digital monitor in a USB charging device that I installed in place of the lighter) It drops with accessories on of course BUT it is not at 14.3 when everything is off all the time. Sometimes it...
  17. Wayne Ward

Down hill w/hard braking and there is a chatter like a washboard in the road. Feathering there is nothing. Only with constand good pressure does the vibration start. Warped rotors??? Could it be anything else? I did notice that the leading edge of the outside brake pads on both sides are...
  18. Wayne Ward

Regular tires :)

The 31 is the size I finally went with. Thank you
  19. Wayne Ward

Thank you for your input. Went with the 31s in the backcountry had a lot of good luck with them on my Tundra. The ranger is a new rebuild and got her into the mountains. Did well and the tires were great. Will know more after this winter.
  20. Wayne Ward

Not going to ask how to put larger tires on my 94. I'm currently running 31 x 10.5 BFGoodrich All Terrain T/As and would like to move to a more daily driver tire. Dont get me wrong, I like this size but I need something that can make long highway trips in snow as well as do a small amount of...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad