• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What size are the bolts for the fuel injector rail?

What size are the bolts for the fuel injector rail? I lost the bag that had all 4 bolts that hold down the fuel rail for the injection and have no idea what size they are so I can't just go out and buy more.
  2. Should I replace my oil pump?

I had to take my oil pump out (something fell into the rod and pushed it off center, had to remove pump to dislodge it) and its the original 37 y/o pump . Do yall think it's worth it to just replace it now that I've got it off just for peace of mind? New Melling one is only about $100 after...
  3. Can't Get Distributor In

Sorry for posting a new question almost every day, my pile of junk has a lot of problems. Anyway, I put on a new intake manifold gasket, put the actual manifold on, and then when I go to put the distributor in, it refuses to go in. I marked out exactly where it was when I pulled it out, and...
  4. Intake Manifold Torque Sequence and Specs?

Whats the intake manifold torque sequence and specs for the 86 2.9? I can't seem to find the sequence anywhere and a lot of places say conflicting torque specs
  5. Vaccuum line replacements...??

I was replacing the lower intake manifold gasket on my '86 2.9 and while moving junk out of the way, I noticed I accidentally snapped 3 different plastic vacuum lines, they were so brittle its like raw spaghetti. One red, one green, and one small black line. Wasn't sure where to post this so...
  6. Excessively High Gauges

Both my oil pressure gauge and my temp gauge have been really high. My temp gauge read barely above cold for a while so I replaced the coolant temp sender, now it reads so high that it says its overheating even when the radiator and hoses are cool/cold so I've just been driving it and hoping...
  7. Water Temp Sender Location?

Where is the water temp sender located in a 1986 Ranger with a 2.9? I'm pretty sure its the other sensor lookin thing to the right of the water temp sensor near the thermostat housing, but just want to be sure. Just to be clear, I'm talking about the sender, not the sensor.
  8. Huge vacuum leak? + Oil pressure concerns

I've had my 1986 Ranger with the 2.9 for about a year now and finally got around to testing if there's a vacuum leak because of the real rough idle. I made a little smoke machine thing, blew the smoke into the system, and I see some smoke coming out from the left side of the thermostat housing...
  9. Something is up with my brakes and I can't figure out what.

I had a vacuum leak in my brake booster on my 86 ranger with the 2.9 causing the idle to drop when pressing the brakes, so I replaced the brake booster. Now, the brakes are so easy to press and sensitive that I thought I had no brakes at first cause I could literally press the brakes to the...
  10. Sudden extreme drop in oil pressure

I was leaving o'reilly's earlier and noticed my oil pressure was almost none so I immediately pulled back into the parking lot and shut it off. It was fine while I was driving before I went to o'reilly's. It still sounded like it ran how it normally does in the short time I had it running with...
  11. Wanted 1986 Ranger Tailgate Insert thing missing..???

I was opening my tailgate one day and it just fell off, then I noticed one of the inserts seem to be missing. I can't find one anywhere for my year. Basically, what I'm looking for is this, but for a ranger. I may not even be looking for the right thing, I'm just assuming its this...
  12. 86 2.9L idling rough/small surging/high idle

My 86 ranger with the 2.9 has been idling weird ever since I got it. Sometimes when I first start it up, it surges slightly, but goes away after I rev it for a second and doesn't happen when its warmed up. The bigger issue is the rough idle. It idles rough whether its warmed up or not, but seems...
  13. Where to find chrome windshield trim??

I accidentally bent the bottom trim piece of my windshield trim, but I can't find anywhere to buy a new piece. It seems like any for sale online are the black ones and same with any junkyards I see. Anyone know where to find it? See picture if unsure about what I'm talking about.
  14. Most gauges not working right...??

Just as a little backstory, I picked up this 86 Ranger with the 2.9 in it and when I first brought it home, the temp gauge didn't work at all. I replaced the coolant temperature sensor and now it kind of works...? When starting the truck, all of the gauges move VERY slowly to the normal...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad