• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1978 ford rear end identification

Thank you very much! That did help out a great deal. I think I'm on the right track now... I really appreciate it everyone!!
  2. 1978 ford rear end identification

Ok so heres the rest of the numbers I found: On the pinion gear, theres: 02 AW L 46.0 10 35 FORD 9R On the Ring gear( which Im assuming is the gear directly inline with the axles) theres: MCC 70 C6 AW 420, and on the very edge of the same gear there is FORD D2TW 4210A1035 and on...
  3. 1978 ford rear end identification

So I was positive I had a ford 9" rear end in my 78 ford f150, and I needed to do bearings in my differential and axles, so I ordered up the bearings kit for my differential, and nothing fits, NOTHING. I ordered the kit from Bronco graveyard, and theyve been pretty reliable this whole time, so I...
  4. Rear driveshaft center support bearing removal

thank you for the input! before I saw your responses, I tried the good ole "if all else fails, beat the hell out of it" and finally got it off. Turns out, the shaft wasnt long enough, and the yoke was smashed up onto it too far, right where the splines start to taper up. but its off, now Im just...
  5. Rear driveshaft center support bearing removal

Hey all, I recently staring replacing my bearings in my drivetrain, one of them being my center support bearing. However, the slip yoke is absolutely froze on there, and I have tried everything known to mankind to get it off, including flywheel and gear pullers. Im out of ideas, and I was...
  6. 351 clevor build

Ok, so Im surfing around trying to figure out what parts I need to for my 351 clevor, and Im seeing about 8,000 suggestions and none of them are alike, so can you guys help me out? Im looking to get 375hp out of my 351 windsor. I have 351m heads that are going on, an edelbrock 7183 clevor...
  7. 351 block numbers

Ok so you just answered the question I got on here to ask lol. I got a set of 351 heads, guy said they were clevelands, but they ended up being 351m or 400 heads. Which is fine, but I have to get a special intake to make those work on my 351w block right?
  8. 351 block numbers

Those look a little pricey but probably worth it lol. I'm not trying to cram 800 horse into my engine, I'm looking for about 400, but I do know good flow is key. I appreciate your input all!
  9. 351 block numbers

So if I put Cleveland heads on my Windsor I'll get more power(better flow)?
  10. 351 block numbers

I appreciate it!
  11. 351 block numbers

Ok. Thanks! Both your answers were very helpful. I wanted to be sure about the engine block, because I know that certain parts between the Cleveland and the Windsor are not interchangeable without some sort of damage at some point. Now that I know, I can order parts in peace.
  12. 351 block numbers

What are foundry markings?
  13. 351 block numbers

Ok so I'm stumped on this one. I have 351 block, on the top of the block, it says 351 CCP24, which would (I think) be 351 Cleveland. Then, the numbers on the side are D9AE-6015-ED-24. Those first four letters tell me that this block is a '79, but Clevelands weren't made after '74. Also, the...
  14. Block boring

So I got a 351 Cleveland block that I want to get bored over, and I live in northeast Ohio, does anyone know of a place that bores blocks?
  15. Engine swap

If my questions are stupid I apologize, but I'm still learning so much about these older trucks.
  16. Engine swap

So yes, it is a 4 speed, (creeper gear 4 speed), and I think that's a np435. I could be wrong, but that's what I've seen. So what you're saying is that my tranny will take just about any engine, but I need to get a different bell housing if I want to use a 351m, or if I go with a 351c/351w it...
  17. Engine swap

I really appreciate that, that's helpful. I've been trying to find such a list. Thanks for the great information all. I might have to try a 460, because 351 Windsors and Clevelands seem to be scarce
  18. Engine swap

My wallet is slowly getting there, lol it'll get me about 450 hp in a couple months if I don't blow my whole pay every week. its going to be my summer project. Would the 351 modified bolt up to my bellhousing?
  19. Engine swap

I'm looking to swap my engine in my 1978 Ford f150, and I'm looking for something singnificantly more powerful, but I don't know what to go with. I'm tossing in between a 351 Cleveland or a 460. Or even a diesel engine if that's possible. I currently have a 300 inline 6 under the hood . I don't...
  20. Is my 4wd synchronized with my transmission?

That sounds like it would be pretty sketchy! Ive never owned a Chevy but it would be just like them to make 4wd complicated 😂

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad