• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. MSGia

SOHC running rough

Good evening all. I just installed a new coil pack, wires, and spark plugs on my 2010 Ranger 4.0SOHC. To my knowledge, I did everything right, all torqued down, wires are in the right place, correct gaps, etc. I started it up and the engine shakes pretty bad and the rpms jump up and down. It...
  2. MSGia

Sound deadening adhesive

Good morning all. A while back I used some sound deadening in my Ranger when I upgraded my door speakers, and it did work well, but I didn’t do a great job installing it. I didn’t cut holes for the seat bolts, I just cut a slit after I stuck it on and impacted them through the sound deadening...
  3. MSGia

(Many) Coilover questions

Good evening all. Sorry for the long post… I was doing my research on suspension because I can never make up my mind…I was initially looking into the QA1 coilovers, but I fell down the rabbit hole of air. From what I understand, Rangers on air springs are similar to coil spring suspension, the...
  4. MSGia

Coil spring rubbing

Good evening all, Last time I was under my truck, I noticed this. Looks like the spring isn’t seated right, it’s rubbing metal-to-metal on one side. It looks pretty concerning. I haven’t driven it in a month, it’s just been sitting outside, the last time I regularly drove it I could hear metal...
  5. MSGia

Cat Shields

Good morning all, I am wrapping up installing replacement cats on my truck. To get the old ones out I had to remove a catalytic converter heat shield from the drivers side that was shielding it from the transmission shifter cable (that’s my guess). Now that the new ones are in, the shield won’t...
  6. MSGia

Upper Ball Joint Leaking

Good evening all. I know this seems obvious but it’s just odd because the ball joints are new. I am working on my truck and while I have the wheels off I noticed that my upper control arms and spindles were soaked in red grease. I cleaned them up and started work on what I was doing, but now...
  7. MSGia

Manifold-to-Cat stud stripped

Good morning all, I’m in the process of swapping both cats on my truck (4.0 SOHC), they both threw codes and now that I have them out it’s just dust in there, no catalyst left. But my question is about the hardware. Out of the 4 bolts connecting the header flange to the inlet of the cats, only...
  8. MSGia

Hard Water Spots

Good afternoon all. I have been washing my truck recently and ever since I have had it it has these horrible hard water spots I just can't get off. I tried using two products, one (forgot the brand..) did nothing, and the other (some chemical guy's paste) made my windows hazy and the water spots...
  9. MSGia

Left over wires

Good afternoon all. I am installing a Sony stereo head unit in my truck. I used the Metra wiring harness which had 12 wires. But the wiring harness for the stereo has 4 connections left. Do I need to use speed in, reverse in, and remote out? I’m using without a camera. I also think I have to use...
  10. MSGia

Interior Swap

Okay, I know, another thread on seat swapping… Basically, I want to do a seat swap on my ranger. I have 2010 60/40 cloth bench seats, and I have read threads and articles on what fits. But my truck has in-seat airbags, and from what I can tell most of the seat swap threads don’t deal with seat...
  11. MSGia

Crossmember install

Good afternoon all, I recently bought a raised transmission crossmember from Ricksrangerz. The install seems simple, but where do I put my jack to jack up my transmission? The pan, or closer to the driveshaft?
  12. MSGia

Engine warm up time

Good evening all, Pretty generic question, but I guess everyone has a different opinion... How long should you wait to drive off after cold starting your truck? I used to wait a minute or two, but now I just wait 15 or so seconds and then start driving. Which one is "right"?
  13. MSGia

Rear gear questions.

Good evening all, I’m really thinking about doing the limited slip swap on my 2WD truck. I have the diff picked out and a decent bearing kit, but I’m trying to decide what rear gears to go with, and what brand aswell. Stock is 3.55, my options are 3.73, 4.10, and maybe 3.90, only one brand...
  14. MSGia

U Bolts

Good evening, I am trying to get longer U-Bolts for my leaf springs on my truck, I have gone through 2 brands but neither of them worked (It might be because the axle outer width on the 2010-11 is thicker? Not sure...) Does anyone have specific brand recommendations for U Bolts? I can't get any...
  15. MSGia

28 Spline or 31 Spline (8.8)

Good evening, I have the axle code 95, does this mean I have 28 or 31 spline? Reason I am asking is because I am considering the upgrade to a Limited Slip Diff.
  16. MSGia

Brake Leak

Good evening all, I just had all of my front suspension off to replace it, and while I had the spindle off (no tension in the brake line) it started leaking by the banjo bolts. But now that it’s back together, there is no more leak, but the fluid level is below minimum. Should I just add fluid...
  17. MSGia

Replacement sway bar end links won’t fit.

Good afternoon all, I am installing a DJM 4/5 kit on my truck and I’m pretty much done but the passenger side sway bar end link doesn’t fit right. The drivers side end link was fully torqued down with no problems. I guess the only park that really is not fitting is the last washer before the...
  18. MSGia

DJM Upper Control Arms

Good afternoon all, I am installing my lowering kit and I can’t tell if there is a difference is passenger and drivers side upper control arm. Some reviewer on the site said that there is a difference but it’s not in the instructions. Does it really matter?
  19. MSGia

Lowering truck leaf spring not aligning with center spring.

Good morning all, I am putting the 4/5 DJM kit on my truck and the passenger side went fine but I’m trying to put the drivers side leaf spring back and it’s not aligning with the center bolt slot. Any tips or am I missing something? Thanks
  20. MSGia

Blocks

Good afternoon y’all, I’m looking for some one inch lift/lowering blocks for my ranger. I got some on Amazon and they don’t fit, are there any other listings or companies any of y’all have had luck with? Thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad