• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. MSGia

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

It has been almost a year since I last tried to set a personal gas mileage record, but now that I am almost always on the highway I tried again, this is the absolute most I could get out of my little old ranger :LOL:. 272 miles @ 16.6 MPG.
  2. MSGia

SOHC running rough

Solved, Cylinder 6’s plug had a hairline crack in it. Replaced and runs perfectly. Thank you all for your help
  3. MSGia

SOHC running rough

I have driven it a few places, I also took each wire out, tested it with a multimeter, made sure all the wires were in the correct spot, no cracks in any of the plugs. One of the wires was testing a little off, I replaced it but still. Issue persists, no trouble codes yet.
  4. MSGia

SOHC running rough

No code yet. I have been letting it idle for about 40 minutes combined for the past few hours, it will run fine for up to a minute before running rough, and then go back.
  5. MSGia

SOHC running rough

How long does it take for a code to pop up, I don’t want to wreck my new cats
  6. MSGia

SOHC running rough

The coil pack is not the issue. But I noticed there is a grounding clip attached to the coil pack I had installed wrong, but it didn’t fix anything.
  7. MSGia

SOHC running rough

Thanks for the replies. I hope it isn't the wires, this is the second set of new wires I have bought for this project. I guess I will try the using old coil pack first. Also, how safe/unsafe is it to let the truck warm up like this?
  8. MSGia

SOHC running rough

I guess the only other bit of info I left out was this is the first startup in about a month, but I don’t know how much that has to do with anything.. How safe would it be to let it warm up with a (maybe) misfire?
  9. MSGia

SOHC running rough

I checked again. Every wire is fully seated and in the right place.
  10. MSGia

SOHC running rough

This is what I used to check, and I also replaced the wires one at a time. I’m not sure that is the issue. Are you saying the new coil pack is different?
  11. MSGia

SOHC running rough

Good evening all. I just installed a new coil pack, wires, and spark plugs on my 2010 Ranger 4.0SOHC. To my knowledge, I did everything right, all torqued down, wires are in the right place, correct gaps, etc. I started it up and the engine shakes pretty bad and the rpms jump up and down. It...
  12. MSGia

Revitalizing ranger plastic fender flares? Heatgun it?

I bought this, haven’t tried it yet but I’m hopeful. My front bumper is basically white
  13. MSGia

Sound deadening adhesive

I guess I will update this thread if anyone is lazy with sound deadening like I was haha. For the bolts, I used goo gone and a wire wheel on my bench vise. For the threads in the cab, I used a 1/2 inch fitting brush and goo gone. Lesson learned, if you are doing sound deadening, stay away from...
  14. MSGia

Sound deadening adhesive

Good morning all. A while back I used some sound deadening in my Ranger when I upgraded my door speakers, and it did work well, but I didn’t do a great job installing it. I didn’t cut holes for the seat bolts, I just cut a slit after I stuck it on and impacted them through the sound deadening...
  15. MSGia

Left over wires

I know this thread is kinda dead, but I finished installing everything so I am back with answers if anyone ends up in a similar situation. For my specific head unit, it requires "Speed In" and "Parking Brake" to operate Apple CarPlay, wired or wireless. The parking brake signal can just be...
  16. MSGia

(Many) Coilover questions

Good evening all. Sorry for the long post… I was doing my research on suspension because I can never make up my mind…I was initially looking into the QA1 coilovers, but I fell down the rabbit hole of air. From what I understand, Rangers on air springs are similar to coil spring suspension, the...
  17. MSGia

Coil spring rubbing

The opposite, a drop spring. As for the diameter, side by side with the stock springs they are identical, except for height. I half- solved the mystery, I looked at the coil spring when it was fully loaded on the ground and it was seated. I think the springs un-seated when I had the truck in the...
  18. MSGia

Coil spring rubbing

All of the bushings are new. I tried to get more angles, I am going to look again when it’s on the ground. Also looks like the spring isolater is torn in half and not seated…
  19. MSGia

Coil spring rubbing

Good evening all, Last time I was under my truck, I noticed this. Looks like the spring isn’t seated right, it’s rubbing metal-to-metal on one side. It looks pretty concerning. I haven’t driven it in a month, it’s just been sitting outside, the last time I regularly drove it I could hear metal...
  20. MSGia

Cat Shields

Thanks. I will try this 👍🏽

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad