• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 02 ranger 3.0 cylinder misfires

I had the same problem with my 2000 3.0 ranger. Went through everything and couldn't find the problem. I don't know if my original problem manifested to this but I finally got to the point it was running so bad that I took it to the dealership and I had a bad intake valve, exhaust valve and...
  2. 5.0 Headers - Do they actually exist?

Thanks for the replies. Ill try responding to them all here. I don't necessarily want to start from scratch on headers, I'll have to pay someone for the welds so I'm looking for something that I could possibly cut in a few places and reweld. But as of now building custom ones is not an option I...
  3. 5.0 Headers - Do they actually exist?

Gentlemen, my apologies for yet another headers thread but I have found no helpful information on other threads and every link in every thread seems to be expired. I am currently putting together a 2000 Ranger with a 2000 explorer 5.0, M5ODR2 Tranny, and BW4406 t-case Here is what I have done...
  4. Need a set of torque monster headers

Looking for a set right now, you looking to get rid of some?
  5. 2000 3.0L Flex Fuel Vin V - Rough idle, Misfire codes, P0174 P0171 lean codes. Cannot figure out the problem

Yep... wish I saw your post sooner, just found that one out looking at a similar diagram. It was indeed fuse 13, replaced it and everything is working fine. Must have shorted when I was disconnecting some plugs to check them and clean them out... I feel dumb for that one haha. On the other...
  6. 2000 3.0L Flex Fuel Vin V - Rough idle, Misfire codes, P0174 P0171 lean codes. Cannot figure out the problem

Something interesting happened... Replaced the coolant temp sensor and used that Sea Foam Spray and I definitely noticed a difference in how she ran. Much smoother. Unfortunately it seems I have a leak towards the rear of the oil pan through the oil pan gasket so I get to have the fun of doing...
  7. 2000 3.0L Flex Fuel Vin V - Rough idle, Misfire codes, P0174 P0171 lean codes. Cannot figure out the problem

RonD, I got the truck all back together yesterday and ran it a little last night. I got a code for the coolant temperature sensor again so I'm planning on replacing that today. As well as run some sea foam spray through the intake before the throttle body to see what that does. I ran it a...
  8. 2000 3.0L Flex Fuel Vin V - Rough idle, Misfire codes, P0174 P0171 lean codes. Cannot figure out the problem

Yeah I been through the MAF and O2s before but I guess it cant hurt since the smell has gotten worse since then. Ill have to swap the injectors around too when I get it put back together in the next couple days. As for the cam synchro I'll have to see if it looks like he messed with it, I...
  9. 2000 3.0L Flex Fuel Vin V - Rough idle, Misfire codes, P0174 P0171 lean codes. Cannot figure out the problem

Hello, So I've been lurking in the shadows of many of these and similar forums gathering information and trying to solve my problem for a couple months now... here's the issue 2000 Ford ranger 4x4 3.0l Flex fuel Vin V(8th digit) about 154,000 mi on it -Engine reads Misfire codes on cylinders...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad