• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Stopped at intersection??

Before I tear in to it. Got towed home and I can't here fuel pump, it cranks and cranks with no start. It just died in in the intersection, did not stumble like ran out of gas just died. Any suggestions were to start. Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. Whats it called

The gasket between the transfer case and the manual transmission???? Anyone know.
  3. Transfer case fluid

Lots of different answers on this. What should I use and how much in my aluminum 1988 soft touch engagement transfercase. What's the best and kind of fluid and how much is typical. Thanks guys.
  4. Trany fluid6th

I have herd that if you use synthetic trany fluid in your manual 5 speed it's better than using 90w gear oil. Is this true?
  5. Whats tube for

Ok im stumped on this one the flat tube that comes off the heat shield on the passenger exh manifold. Is it suppose to be flat and what is its purpose??
  6. Whats is this

Whats this for has dot 3 in it?? Just to the left if brake resivor. Don't laugh but really dont know.
  7. 1988 -2.9 surging

The engine is surging bad while accelerateing in all gears at all rpms?? Any suggestions. I was told the term is trailer hitching?? Any help or suggestions would be great before I start replacing everything. Just did a tune up cap, rotor, plugs but no wires, fuel filter and is getting worse.
  8. Rough country's 4" lift kit

Bought a 4" kit and had new rear leaf springs and they were 3" to short. They said they did not make them anylonger??? Why would my 1983 xlt club cab long box have longer springs??
  9. 2.9 lifter tick.?

190000 miles lifter tick. Any suggestions?? Don't really want to rebuild engine yet runs fine still good compression.
  10. Pics of spare tire location???

1988 ranger long box duel gas tank. Looking for pics on how spare tire was mounted in bed. If any one has one please post pic. Thanks people.
  11. Oil sensor removal on 2.9

My oil sensor leaking at block, but can't get a socket on it because the motor mount to close to sensor. Actually not sure there is enough room once ya get it broke loose to get it out with out hitting motor mount. Literally a 1/4 inch between the two when tight. Any suggestions. And not enough...
  12. New to forum

Just bought my first ranger. 1988 XLT club cab, long box, duel tank, 2.9, 1,8000. Miles. Soft touch 4x4, electric lumbar. I'm 2nd owner and this thing has never been off rd or had anything hauled in it. Crazzy clean. Have many many questions hope everyone can help me out. Stay tuned. And thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad