• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Se7enth Sol

Camshaft and Crankshaft Sensor type in 1997 Ranger

Its a hall effect sensor. Found it being called a hall effect sensor on O'Reilly's website and the design of the sensor and Synchronizer match the diagram.
  2. Se7enth Sol

The cam sensor is a three wire sensor so it cant be VR/Magnetic. The crank is only 2 wires so I'm almost sure its magnetic.
  3. Se7enth Sol

I am fitting a custom Megasquirt 3X (MS3X) ECU to my 1997 4.0L Ford Ranger Engine that I am swapping into my 1990 Bronco II. To correctly assemble the ECU I am trying to figure out what type of Camshaft and Crankshaft sensor are used in the 4.0 motor. I'm assuming the crank signal comes from a...
  4. Se7enth Sol

Fitting 4.0L SOHC to stock 1990 Bronco II transmission

Thank you so much for your reply! If I did upgrade to the M50D, would that require moving the transfer case and getting newly sized drive shafts? Aka are both transmissions the same length from front to back?
  5. Se7enth Sol

Fitting 4.0L SOHC to stock 1990 Bronco II transmission

At to moment I am pulling the old rusted 2.9L v6 out of my 1990 Bronco II 4x4. I have purchased a 4.0L SOHC replacement engine from a 1997 Ford ranger. I thought I did a lot of research before purchasing but now I am not sure if the bolt pattern will line up to the OEM 1990 B2 transmission...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad