• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.9 to 4.0 swap electrical wiring question! PLEASE HELP?

Thank you! And one last thing if I decide to do a water proof box would I need to worry about venting it or anything like that? I’m not sure if the computer even gets warm or anything but I was wondering if it might cause it to over here when it’s air tight and no ventilation??
  2. 2.9 to 4.0 swap electrical wiring question! PLEASE HELP?

Hot not hit sorry autocorrect
  3. 2.9 to 4.0 swap electrical wiring question! PLEASE HELP?

Thst that’s what I planned to do was buy new wire same gauge and solider it together and use shrink wrap and the connections and run approx 5 foot to opposite side of the cab and solder the pig tail of wires to the computer plug and shrink wrap and then use lume snd snd electrical tape to make...
  4. 2.9 to 4.0 swap electrical wiring question! PLEASE HELP?

Ok sorry I was unaware like I said in my original post I’m no electrician and i wasn’t sure what to do hence the reason I came to this page to ask for help. I just don’t wanna ruin my computer
  5. 2.9 to 4.0 swap electrical wiring question! PLEASE HELP?

But it wasn’t exposed the plug it’s self was but the computer was in a sealed off boot inbetween the fender and cab which was completely sealed off on the 94 unlike my 92 and the 92 was inside the cab in the floor board so they was both out of the elements no water or anything and like I said I...
  6. 2.9 to 4.0 swap electrical wiring question! PLEASE HELP?

because I thought about buying a water proof boxing and sealing it off in the box but I was afraid it would cause it to over heat
  7. 2.9 to 4.0 swap electrical wiring question! PLEASE HELP?

would sealing the computer in an air tight case be ok? It wouldn’t case it to over heat or anything like that?
  8. 2.9 to 4.0 swap electrical wiring question! PLEASE HELP?

well I’m using the harness from the 94 the only problem is that the harness on the 94 goes through the fire wall on driver side and computer mounts in between the fender and cab and is sealed off the 92 is not like the the computer runs through the fire wall on passenger side and is mounted in...
  9. 2.9 to 4.0 swap electrical wiring question! PLEASE HELP?

It is plug and play it stars and runs fine everything works as is. But on the 94 the computer went through the fire wall in between the fender and cab and it’s sealed off my 92 is not like that and the computer went through the fire wall inside the cab passenger side floor board
  10. 2.9 to 4.0 swap electrical wiring question! PLEASE HELP?

Thank you! I was hoping to hear this! Anybody else have any good advice as far as actually doing the wiring? Should I go with same gauge or upgrade a gauge bigger?
  11. 2.9 to 4.0 swap electrical wiring question! PLEASE HELP?

Ok I’m new to the ranger station have read many write ups on the 4.0 swap but first time posting. Original Vehicle: 1992 Ford ranger STX 2.9 4x4 manual trans donor vehicle: 1994 Ford ranger XLT 4.0 4x4 manual trans I actually done a chassi swap left all harness intact with the motor and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad