• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Teddyzee

For my 5.0 peeps...

Hey guys, nice to see that this site is still around. My Ranger is still working well, 12-13 years after I swapped it. Stumbled to this page via google. Thanks to everyone who helped when I was building!
  2. Teddyzee

Dual Tail Pipes on Lowered Ranger?

Anyone running dual tail pipes? I'm thinking about buying some Magnaflow pieces, but I don't know if there will be room for the driver side pipe because of how low the truck is. Any have experience? I'm looking at Magnaflow 15039 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-15039 My other idea would...
  3. Teddyzee

'93-'97 one piece driveshaft

If the truck is lowered, it will require some floor surgery. Use a drive shaft from a truck with the same transmission style (auto to auto, manual to manual), the lengths are similar. I made a tunnel through cab of my truck, I installed a 2008 shaft in my 1997 truck.
  4. Teddyzee

If you want Cobra front brakes

Thought I would share some info from another site. Many of us have Cobra front brakes (13") on our Rangers. My brackets were made by a machinist named Trevor, screen name Tee Rev. His kit includes a bracket for mounting the caliper, and a machined hub that replaces the Ranger rotor. A Cobra...
  5. Teddyzee

For my 5.0 peeps...

Those of you who don't get to the other sites often, here are some pics of this year's work: Made new harness, new ECU, new FEAD, cam, valve springs, pushrods, timing chain, painted the engine bay, new overflow/washer box, new hoses, moved some stuff around, etc.
  6. Teddyzee

what is need to do for flipping the shackles?

That picture has the shackle reversed, but it is not necessary. I did not remove the shackle from the spring, just twisted the whole darn thing upside down.
  7. Teddyzee

Fuel Pump Regulator

What regulator do you guys typically use when putting a carbed engine into a fuel injected truck?
  8. Teddyzee

Pitman arm question

Is the Pitman arm indexed on the steering shaft? Or can it be located at any position? Need to swap my steering box, just wondering how much I'm going to screw up my alignment... Thanks.
  9. Teddyzee

Pic: Look how much room there is:

Found this, thought I would share: 5.0, T5, tri-Y headers. The GT40 heads are painted silver, you can see them above the trans. Tons of room! The trans crossmamber is a suicidedoors.com piece, simply slid forward about 2". This was taken the day I had my exhaust redone. What you're looking...
  10. Teddyzee

Some V8 inspiration

A horrible video, but may inspire some of you in the middle of a build. Just pulling out of my parking garage. As usual, it's from my phone. Quick shot of the neighbour's '68 Vert, and my little 'Stang, too. I posted this on another site, but I rarely share here. 2.5" dual exhaust, two...
  11. Teddyzee

Where should I put my 5.0 swap thread?

It's time I shared my build on TRS... Where's the best location? I really only view the V8 section, but there are a couple "project vehicle" places here. It's all done, and I do more each year, but I have step-by-step of most everything. Point me to the right place, and I'll put it together...
  12. Teddyzee

Explorer ecu pinout

Explorer ECU pinout Can anyone scan an EVTM for me, or post a link to a diagram? I'm looking for the pinout for a '96 Explorer 5.0 ECU, the 104pin main connector. I'll agree to two assumptions, they are the same for other years, and my pinout for my original '97 4.0 is the same. But I'd like...
  13. Teddyzee

Explorer 5.0 ECU and mods

How well does the Explorer ECU handle minor mods? Specifically, b303 and 1.7 roller rockers. I'm looking to make a new new harness, nice and short and clean, I have a second Mustang one here to use. But I also have a complete 1996 Explorer 5.0 harness and ECU. (..and coil packs, distributor...
  14. Teddyzee

Headers for coil spring '98+

There's a guy on RPS using Pypes 304 Mustang shorty headers on his '02 XLT/coil spring 302-based project. They appear to fit very well. He's a member here, but haven't seen him post much, thought I'd share over here. Looks like stock Ranger mounts with plates, BrianB style. All in all, very...
  15. Teddyzee

I think "Ranger Joe" got as new computer

I think "Ranger Joe" got a new computer Pretty self explanitory... Good work searching old posts, but...
  16. Teddyzee

3rd Gen supercab, 4/5 static drop?

Agreed. And Ibeams are the way to go, they will give you 3". Then you can begin cutting or replacing springs for more drop.
  17. Teddyzee

'97 clutch master cyl swap

Has anyone swapped to an earlier (larger bore) master cylinder on a later truck? The '95 and later trucks have to master mounted in a cast bracket, not bolted to the firewall. (curing a previous problem) They look like they have the rod on a similar angle, just hoping the rod will pass through...
  18. Teddyzee

Flip Kit+ Shackles Flip, Help

8.8 is the designtion for the rearend ring gear. My drop is 5" front, 8" rear.
  19. Teddyzee

Flip Kit+ Shackles Flip, Help

Here's mine with flip kit, and shackle hanger flip. I have an 8.8, so the flip kit dropped it 5.5". Plus another 2.5 or so from the shackle flip. Definately need a notch for this.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad