• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. A4LD_Nghtme

Part id: What is this part? 1990 Bii/Ranger Power Steering?

Hello, Kind of embarrassing to have to ask this but I disassembled my gear box partially and decided to start with my pump rebuild first which I completed and found this piece lying around. Any idea what it goes to if either of these major steering components? I am at a loss I tried photo...
  2. A4LD_Nghtme

Is the 2.9 SEFI, MFI or just regular EFI? OBDi Cylinder Balance test

Hey there, I want to perform a cylinder balance test with my Innova OBDi reader but am not sure if the 1990 2.9 is SEFI or not. It says in the manual it's only for SEFI so I don't know whether I can perform this test or not. Please let me know if there's a way to do this test if it isn't. Thank...
  3. A4LD_Nghtme

90' Bronco ii losing power/bad mpg

My Bii was running great up until about a month ago when I got a code 41 CEL. That code has since gone away after a good ol italian tune up and has not returned in the past 3 weeks. However, I now notice that when I hit the gas after being stopped it feels incredibly weak even if i floor it. If...
  4. A4LD_Nghtme

Bii always running cold

I have a 90 Bii that never goes above the "o" on normal. The ECT and temp switch to gauge have been replaced, the latter i assume is what fixed the old issue of having no gauge reading at all. There is a 180 thermostat installed which I know would make it run cooler but idk about that much...
  5. A4LD_Nghtme

AC/Heater keeps blowing cold/hot air when ac is turned off and car is running

I can't figure out why, but my ac/heater blows air when it's fully in the off position. It does not do this when the car is off but when I'm driving and get too warm I turn off the heater like anyone else but the darn thing keeps blowing even though it's slight. But it's slight enough to keep...
  6. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: G101 Ground wire disconnected. What does it go to?

While chasing down a code 41 that I've just about had it with, I was tracing wires and vaccum lines when I noticed the Ground wire to RH fender near the battery leads to nothing. Does anyone know what this grounds? The wire is still ground to the fender but doesnt lead anywhere. In my vac and...
  7. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: Code 41 O2 sensor issue.

Hey there. I just started getting a check engine light and the only code I'm pulling is code 41. This is a newer o2 sensor and I have a replacement but was wondering what else could be the issue. I bench tested the grey and black wires and received rising and lowering voltage when using a torch...
  8. A4LD_Nghtme

Anybody have experience with Jet Performance 66110 Air Fuel Meter

I installed this product as described in the instructions. Red wire to 12v constant, brown wire to key on 12v, black wire to ground and purple wire spliced into black wire on O2 Sensor cable. The unit does not work. When I disconnect the unit the backlight will flash for a split second and turn...
  9. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: What else should i replace on my 90' Bii suspension

Hey there, I'm about to replace my front and rear shocks, coil springs and leafs springs. I was just wondering what else I should replace while I'm down there. Bushings(which ones)? Nuts? U bolts? As you can probably tell, im really not too keen on what all goes into suspension as I can't find a...
  10. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: Max base timing advance for 1990 Ford Bronco II 2.9

Hey there. I was wondering if the 2.9 can handle anything more than the 12 degrees base advance for a little more power? I currently have it set back to the stock 10 degrees advance so that I was able to pass CA smog and now that i have passed i was about to set it back to 12 but wanted to know...
  11. A4LD_Nghtme

RABS CODE 4 Both brake lights on 90 Bii

Hey there, I have a 1990 Bronco II XLT 4x4 that has been edging ever closer to finish. I've recently replaced the brakes almost in their entirety for the rear and still after bleeding the entire system have both the yellow and red brake lights illuminated and I now have a flashout CODE 4...
  12. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: 90 Bii rear driver wheel cylinder wont bleed

So I've officially finished rebuilding my passenger drum after replacing the siezed parking brake cable and so I began to bleed the brakes. I bled the passenger wheel cylinder first and was able to get brake fluid to bleed through it. Upon cracking the bleed valve on the driver side wheel...
  13. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: 1990 Bronco II rear passenger parking brake stuck on.

So I've had an abs light and parking brake light on my dash since I got the old gal but she braked fine with fronts until now and ran unimpeded. Well I decided before taking her in for a smog since I just replaced the cat after a fail that I was going to safen her up and try to get at least one...
  14. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: 1990 Bii 2.9 FAILED CA SMOG!

Hey there all! I just got back from a failed smog test. As you can see I got a pass on everything except my HC ppm at 15 mph and my NO ppm at both 15 and 25 mph. It has a fresh new o2 sensor and last i checked i had no codes. And they passed me on the OBD system check. I have not replaced the...
  15. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: Transfer case end spraying fluid on undercarriage?

Hey there. 1990 Bii project trying to get to body restore but I'm having 4x4 and apparently transfer case end issue. If you check the attached photo, it appears that I have a leak at what I assume is the rubber piece and it's spraying my undercarriage something fierce. Any idea what the part is...
  16. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: 4X4 does not engage at all after new transfer case motor.

Hello! I swapped out my 4x4 transfer case motor on my 1990 Bronco II XLT and I now have no lights at the dash at all and zero control module actuation. Before the swap the lights would come on for both 4 Hi and 4 Lo and the you could hear the 4x4 control module function. Now there is zero...
  17. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: 1990 2.9 open port on engine near Oil Sender.

What is this opening on my 2.9? I got down there to clean and change the oil sender unit and noticed there's a deeply recessed port. Not sure if it's the norm and I'm just overreacting but I don't want to run to pick n pull to check without asking first. Any clue what this is and if there should...
  18. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: What are these connectors on my 90 Bronco II?

Have some connectors unplugged with no wires dangling for an idea what they are. One is in the engine compartment next to the harness with light blue wires. Appears to go to VSS based on a manual 89 so I grabbed that cable but mine has dark green/white and orange wires on its vss connector with...
  19. A4LD_Nghtme

SOLVED: 1990 Bii A4LD Valve Body rebuild with ZERO engagement.

Hey there all!!! I've officially searched through this site, FTE, and even explorer forums(posted this on there too) but still can't find a straight answer as to a possible problem with my trans. Here is what I changed: Transtec valve body gaskets. Transgo and Superior Shift kit combined. Sonnax...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad