• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Hot Rod Tour of Texas

Its that time of year again, the tour starts in Victoria three day event ends up in Luckenbach
  2. Heart like a truck. Will buying a $60k-$90K Dodge RAM make me a hero?

About all it will make you is "broke" for the next 7 years.
  3. Terrible wet weather traction: tires or truck?

Well you have a 4.0, others have an anemic 2.3 or 3.0 that could be partly why yours has "rain" issues. The tire pressure is probably your issue too. My 3.0 with programmer will spin the tires at will, and is kinda dicey in the rain. But manageable. A good limited slip rear axle would help alot.
  4. Maiden voyage story, pics added

Thats a good looking SUV, even with the off green hood. I think it would be a keeper. A great grocery getter and as you said road trips.
  5. FNG from AZ with a '88 B2EB needs H.E.L.P.!

Yep it's a body lift..Good looking truck. Since it's not your daily driver, take your time and do things right. Your list isn't too bad but you will find more as you dig deeper. After all its a 35 year old truck.
  6. New & Already Rolling

The reason it's slow is the Ranger tailgate doesn't weigh anything. The same strut on a F250 is MUCH faster, 'cause the tailgate weighs alot. As for mods, and I'll catch some crap for this, is a tuner or programmer. I use a Super Chip on my 3.0 and it helps alot.
  7. Should I buy this rear axel for my 2003 Ranger Edge?

mine is 2wd so a LSD was a great improvement..Ok I'm in south Texas, we don't get snow. We get freezing rain & ice, a light foot and white knuckle steering, but it goes where I want
  8. Does anyone have this "starter splash shield"?

my 04 has the cute little funnel
  9. 2004 Ranger Engine Repair, Swap, or Scrap?

keep looking around, there are alot of shops around me that would love getting the work. I would just go with replacing the heads, not the whole motor. Keep us posted as I too have an 04, so something I may be looking at sometime
  10. 2035

Sure hope they let big diesel trucks come into CA to haul the classic cars and evil gas burners to Texas where we still love them.
  11. Anyone ever lower the Ranger Edge?

Axle wrap? even with a 4.0 they don't and you have larger tires? No axle wrap..this ain't NHRA it's low power mini trucks Ford Rangers 2.3L 3.0 and 4.0L none make enough HP to worry about axle wrap.
  12. Max weight in truck bed for 2008 RWD Ranger - NOT for driving

Water weighs 8lbs per gallon. So do the math. some overload springs might help. and air shocks in the back..Still its a heck of a strain on the truck frame and drive train.
  13. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Been too darn hot to touch the Ranger, but I did get a new set of running boards..just too hot to install them.. I hope its something local, but someone is stealing all the FORD badges off the Ranger grills. Out of the 5-8 guys I know with Rangers and the ones I see around here are all missing.
  14. 2000 ranger XLT 3.0 4x4

I run a pair of overloads on mine--its a long story---but it also depends on how the 1000 lbs was distributed in the bed..I'd almost bet once you get it unloaded you'll be fine.
  15. Removing Bed, Can I make it legal to drive?

find a big truck fifth wheel and temporarily bolt it to the frame....should get some good comments...But here in Texas tail lights a lighted license plate light and your OK
  16. Do I have a timing problem?

Your ECM adjusts the timing as needed, I don't know the low and highs, but if it runs OK then it's doing its job.
  17. Odds Bodkins!!

Glad it worked out. Like you I doubt the reboot would fix the egr delete and other codes. But, if CEL comes on with KOEO then the bulb isn't burnt
  18. I Gotta Admit I Really Like The Vulcan

Ok I'm not an engineer, or a very good mechanic. Which is why I read the forums....But for large construction and OTR vehicles, how about a hybrid option? Using today's technology, a 3 cylinder diesel Kubota, running a massive generator which powers the truck, or construction vehicle, or...
  19. Help with camper shell dimensions

I'ld keep looking for the right topper, but for now the box in front is probably your best bet. This set up will kill your fuel mileage, but might kinda secure your load and keep it kinda dry. Good luck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad