• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Shotokan1509

Using coolant

95 4.0, using coolant... not seeing external drips. Headgasket? Other internal possibilities (does intake gasket cross coolant)?
  2. Shotokan1509

Brake line rot out

Anyone else finding our Rangers extra prone to rusting out brake lines? I had the lines on the rear axle rust through a few years ago, tonight I go to move the truck and foot hit the floor, theres a line under the hood spraying fluid everywhere. I've dealt with cars from the 60's through 80's...
  3. Shotokan1509

Alan Mulally mentions a "new Ranger" on CNBC this morning

5:25 "New Ranger" :yahoo::headbang::icon_hornsup::icon_bounceblue::icon_surprised::icon_cheers::shok: http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1551857064&play=1
  4. Shotokan1509

98 explorer mirrors on 95 ranger?

I have a broken glass driver side, and a cheap aftermarket pass side on my 95 (power). Know someone parting a 98 Explorer Eddie Bauer, anybody know if they bolt up and the electrical connection is the same?
  5. Shotokan1509

Replace mirror glass

Some scumbag broke my driver side mirror, this is after someone ripped off my passenger side (sidewalk side, and stole half of it) a couple months ago. At least this time it looks like they passed too close with a vehicle, maybe not maliciously. How do I replace just the glass in the mirror...
  6. Shotokan1509

What's it worth?

95 extended cab, 4.0v6, auto, 4x4. 113,000miles, power windows/locks/mirrors, has cruise, bucket seats (driver power, both lumbar), rear sliding window, side popout windows. Fog valance with factory Hella fogs. Jump seats, and cargo cover. Keyless entry (2 remotes) Bad: Front suspension...
  7. Shotokan1509

4.0- P0306 Falt Cy G, MSFR DET Cy 6

EDIT: See post #6, had fixed original problem few months ago, now different cylinder misfiring. Rough idle, check engine light is on, flashes under load but runs ok. 95 4.0, code is P0306 Falt Cy G, MSFR DET Cy 6 Plugs and wires are year old/10,000 miles. I have had a few times randomly that...
  8. Shotokan1509

95 4.0 Where OBD1 self test plug?

Feel stupid asking but I'm tired from work and annoyed which usually is not a good way to work with a vehicle in my experience.. Check engine and rough running, I know how to jump the wire and count the flashes but can't find the dang plug.
  9. Shotokan1509

Electrical/lighting problem

This morning noticed my truck didn't ding with the headlights on and the keys out. Go out tonight, no dash lights, parking lamps, taillamps, and plate lights. Headlamps, brakelights, blinkers, reverse lights, flashers all fine. I put a higher fuse in just to run to get the correct fuse.. the...
  10. Shotokan1509

Let's see your NON-RBV toys

I know for a lot of you the RBV IS the toy, but some have other fun stuff as well. In my case my Ranger is the DD/ski beast so my 06 Mustang GT (with a few mods :D ) can sleep safely all winter. So let's see your NON-RBV toy (be it a car, bike, atv, etc)
  11. Shotokan1509

D35 splined thrust washers

:annoyed: I did something dumb, long day at work, it's cold out.. trying to strip my truck to replace the wheelbearings again.. Grabbed the hub socket too early forgetting the c-clip and splined thrust washer, and cracked the washer. What are my options on this, does that washer have to be...
  12. Shotokan1509

D35 discs, bearing race replaceable?

My 95 4x4 D35 has eaten through bearings AGAIN, I am getting 15,000 miles out of them if I am lucky. The races have looked fine, and crude measuring they were round.. but considering I'm only on 31's even with the bad design I should be getting a few more miles out of the bearings.. wondering...
  13. Shotokan1509

Ranger TTB radius arm nut tq rating?

I misplaced my Haynes manual, last year around this time I had my radius arm bushings replaced among other work (tried myself, had rust that stopped me)... My truck does have 106k on it, but my front suspension is making too much noise and now I am actually feeling a clunk. Looking at the...
  14. Shotokan1509

Sept 28th CT Ford show

Late Model Mustang Club of Connecticut 5th Annual show, open to ALL Ford's! Over $4000 in prizes available for the day! TWO charities for the day - The WoundedWarriorProject and HotWater Rescue Group. Newly revised classes to better server the participants Great food and drink throughout the...
  15. Shotokan1509

Ranger has a new stablemate

It's been sitting in my garage since Thursday but the title/reg/insurance was done yesterday so it's MINE! 06 premium, Interior upgrade package, anti-theft, wheel locks. (no garbage options, just like I wanted when i was looking new) 10,000 miles This was actually my salesman's personal car, I...
  16. Shotokan1509

4R55E tq converter have a drain plug?

Need to replace the pan gasket on my 4R55E due to leaks, figured I should do a full trans fluid flush but some say there is a drain and others say there is not on the tq converter for my truck. What's the correct answer?
  17. Shotokan1509

95 4.0 rough idle only when warm

95 4.0 if I drive it so it reaches full operating temp and then make a relatively quick stop (truck is turned off but never really cools, tonight it was the icecream shop for example), when I restart it's rough/chugs. A good rev usually gets everything back to normal...
  18. Shotokan1509

South American tail lights?

Anybody running South American tail lights? Do they fit US trucks (specifically 95) they look like they do. Anyone know about the wiring?
  19. Shotokan1509

Check your auto shifters cable

Truck was hard to get out of park sometimes but figured it was a Ford trans. Ended up getting a ride home in a police cruiser because I couldn't get my truck in drive. Well thats your problem right there! :icon_idea:
  20. Shotokan1509

Bad night, need tech help

Driving home from a friends Superbowl party, following someone waaaay too slow. They pull off so I speed up a bit, right past a cop. Get pulled over, DUI test, and receive a warning. Cop says "have a good night, drive safe". I put my truck in drive.. only get reverse and almost back into the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad