• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. KasenLeigh90

2.3L ('83-'97) Need help w/ trouble codes- 1990 2.3L Ranger

1990 Ford Ranger 2.3L (fuel injected 8 plug) Reg Cab 5 spd manual Truck started to run rough out of no where about a week ago. Ran a KOEO and got the following: 41, 63, 34 Half the time on start up (especially in the mornings) it struggles to stay running. The other half of the time it will...
  2. KasenLeigh90

2.3L ('83-'97) Engine Running Rough, getting weird KOEO codes, read recent messages for best info

now i’m a little lost lol. would i get the 11-10-11 on a koeo or the one done when the engines running? and by “pinpoint diag” do you mean just running the self test with the jumper wire? those were just the results i got by following koeo test directions. again sorry i’m not yet familiar with...
  3. KasenLeigh90

2.3L ('83-'97) Engine Running Rough, getting weird KOEO codes, read recent messages for best info

ran a KOEO and got these results 1, 21, 24 , 21 , 24 1, 31, 41, 48, 31, 41 ,48 from what i’m finding that’s too many things, and it might be ecm related? checked the wiring and connections and the ecm itself and they are all good. i plan to go through as many connections as i can find under...
  4. KasenLeigh90

i did find a ground issue behind that (a suggestion from earlier in the thread and that did fix my a/c-heater issue and actually now the door buzzer works for the first time ever lol now i’m stuck with the engine issue. i’m going to ask my boss if he can help me with the codes. i work at a small...
  5. KasenLeigh90

UPDATE: you my dude are awesome. the blower issue was a ground issue. previous owners had done a number on the factory wiring behind the radio. they had put an aftermarket head unit in (located in the ceiling, it was a Highliner Headliner ) digging through the rats nest i found an openly...
  6. KasenLeigh90

i’m still getting into automotive stuff, and i’m still a noob when it comes to ford stuff. im usually a gm guy but i have a soft spot for first (or second as it’s considered here for rangers ) gen fords as far as rangers and first f series trucks. this is the first ford ive actually worked on...
  7. KasenLeigh90

1) i’m not sure entirely but i’d guess around a qt. i had also cleaned the engine bay (or tried to, crappy cheap degreaser i shouldn’t have bought) i didn’t start having engine issues (aside from the hvac issue, that’s consistent) that day. The truck leaks some so i normally add some about half...
  8. KasenLeigh90

i seafoamed the motor today and it has improved but not the best. it will idle now with a few misfires every once in a while compared to constantly bogging down and wanting to die before revving back up. would that be MAP sensor related? also having issues with CEL and turning on the fans...
  9. KasenLeigh90

Had overfilled my engine as a result of a stupid mistake, Pulled the plugs and holy mother were they bad. Replaced the first 4 (8 plug) and got a slight improvement, doing the other 4 today if i can manage to get them loose with the intake still on otherwise waiting for the intake gasket. Along...
  10. KasenLeigh90

Relocating steering wheel cruise controls to aftermarket switches?

yeah in my rural area you’re more likely to get pulled over if you don’t have a loud vehicle it seems lol
  11. KasenLeigh90

Yeah where i’m at there are ZERO inspections what so ever. Not even if you get like an emissions ticket, unless you take it to court (which no one does at least in my smaller community. i drove my old 99 chevy v8 around with a basically open headers no cats system that was also cut off before...
  12. KasenLeigh90

Good to know! I’ll have to look into how difficult it is to remove the whole switch components safely but that is certainly doable. Appreciate it!
  13. KasenLeigh90

Truck info: 1990 Ranger 2.3L w/ 5 speed TL: DR- Move steering wheel cruise controls to aftermarket switch panel???? I am going to install an aftermarket NRG steering wheel in my truck. There's nothing wrong with the stock one, I'm just going in a different direction with my build rather than...
  14. KasenLeigh90

Iso 2.3l i4 head

Yes. The above would be my suggestion as well. They have both rebuilt and new.
  15. KasenLeigh90

Are these stock or am i just living in a hole...?

woops that reply was meant for someone else, my B.
  16. KasenLeigh90

apologies for my lack of understanding/ familiarity, but what do the acronyms you used mean? also, mine is a 1990 model ranger, would that not be a first generation truck rather than second? (first gen being ‘89-‘92) or is there a subgroup or something like how a ‘99 silverado is considered...
  17. KasenLeigh90

the fender spacing isnt an issue for me. in the pictures the truck has 31” tires (or at least in that size range, i’m not 100% sure on what size exactly) and are substantialy wider as well. i’m not going with the “discount baja” look like the previous owner, currently i have just a factory size...
  18. KasenLeigh90

Agreed. This is stored during the winter months normally but i still would rather it not be there. This things in good shape, 160k on the body, there’s 84k now on the motor, i’d rather keep it that way.
  19. KasenLeigh90

Oh cool. I’ll definitely check it out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad