• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. kcm94

1992 explorer a4ld into 87 b2

So my plan is to use both the 8.8 and the dana35 on the bronco so which transfer case would i have to use? Ill have the explorer drive shafts modified as needed so I just need to worry about the wiring with the overdrive then? Im also converting the auto front hubs to manual.
  2. kcm94

1992 explorer a4ld into 87 b2

Finished my daily driver finally so time to build my 87 that's sitting on jack stands. The A4ld is toast so I've been looking for donors before deciding exactly what I'm going to do with motor/transmission swap. Got my hands on a 1992 explorer automatic 4x4 for super cheap. The 4.0 runs kinda...
  3. kcm94

Top or bottom hole for drop bracket?

I installed the lift kit myself and yes i used those brackets The dropped pitman arm i have on my other truck is the FA600 which some people are suggesting to use for 4 inch lifts instead of the FA400 that is provided with skyjackers lifts that only gives about 2-2.5 inches. Does duffs stage 1...
  4. kcm94

Also i have the skyjacker extreme dropped pitman arm on my parts bronco ii and i never put a dropped pitman arm onto the truck. Should i pull that one of and have them put it on also? would that help this whole issue by getting the steering more in line with my axles?
  5. kcm94

@Shran Yes factory radius arms and crossmember but i have the duff radius arm drop brackets that the kit comes with that drops the crossmember lower. By dropping the cross member what do you mean?
  6. kcm94

This is what they said so i guess ill just let the shop do there thing and see how it is when i get it back. if anything its all under warranty. It is ok to us the lower hole for a 3" lift as long as your alignment tech can get your front alignment to spec. Some axles can realign easy, others...
  7. kcm94

yea I have the drop brackets I really wish I forked up the extra money for the extended radius arms, I might be buying those and the 2 inch body lift soon...I just hope duff answers me backs again soon so I can see what a lead tech says. I just wanna know the reason to why it would be an issue...
  8. kcm94

The shop i brought it to was just going to do my camber and alignment but when i swapped my axles and put the lift on i forgot to replace the axle beam bushings. So they went ahead and replaced them but he said when i brought it in originally he said it was binding in the bracket in the top hole.
  9. kcm94

Yea I'm not too sure what to do at the moment. I told duff my issue and I'm waiting to hear from a lead tech. I went back down to the shop to see exactly what the problem was and he was saying it goes into the top hole but its binding metal on metal in the bracket. He said he put it into the...
  10. kcm94

yea I'm really not sure I just need a solid answer before I get it back, there waiting 2 days for shipping for the correct camber bushings and give it an alignment
  11. kcm94

I sent a message to duff asking and the ride height seems to be level just an inch higher in the rear. I just wanna make sure its ok to use the bottom hole instead
  12. kcm94

Ok awesome thanks shran!!!
  13. kcm94

Brought my truck in for an alignment and get my camber set. I forgot to replace the axle beam bushings when i swapped new axles with my lift so my trucks been in the shop for about a week. I have the stage 1 3 inch duff lift and your supposed to use the top holes on your axle brackets. When...
  14. kcm94

Stage 1 duff lift done

mine just a daily driver i have another im going to build into something so ill probably end up getting the duff body lift to make the 33s fit
  15. kcm94

Stage 1 duff lift done

The only difference of why I can see he could clear 33s is how the front of the front fender doesn't come down as far on the 89/90s. I might be able to clear them I'm not sure!
  16. kcm94

Stage 1 duff lift done

I FIXED THE LEVELING ISSUE IN THE FRONT!!!!!! My dumbass forgot to put the coil urethane seats on the bottom and the shim thats supposed to go on one of the sides thats lower!!!! It literally brought my front end up an inch an en eigth!!!!! Shes all level now fixed it in an hour and a half!!
  17. kcm94

Stage 1 duff lift done

nope no block in the rear just leaf springs to the axle. Maybe i could get some kind of adjustable shackle.
  18. kcm94

Stage 1 duff lift done

The leaf springs still had to labels on them and they said 3" leaf springs on them. I assume there from the 4 inch kit but I'm not sure. They were on another bronco I have for parts.
  19. kcm94

Stage 1 duff lift done

Finished the stage 1 lift and i also used 3” rough country rear leaf springs instead of the add a leaf. Swapped in better condition axles with 4.10 gears. I need an alignment really bad but its done. Im forsure gonna need a body lift to fit my 33x10.5 so thats soon on the list but this is good...
  20. kcm94

Stage 1 Duff lift bracket doesnt line up at all?

or this angle? if you can see how in the first 2 the front bolt has a small gap and in these 2 its sitting on a slight angle but looks to be more level.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad