• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Bronco won't stay alive

Fella I believe I have the exact same prob on my '88. I went after it for a while over the summer but never did get it fixed. Main similar symptoms being random power loss while driving, and it wanting to die at stops. I don't even recall everything but I have new Motorcraft TFI & MAF, fuel...
  2. Wideband O2 wiring

Yep got the gauge in at this point. Yeah I'm familiar w/Megasquirt, use that on an SVO. Guys in the turbo Ranger facebook group suggested keeping the OBD2, and I'll be using I think it's called SCT's Pro Racer app, along with the SCT handheld, for tuning. Truck's actually been done/ready for...
  3. Wideband O2 wiring

Like to add a wideband and AFR gauge, but I'm unsure how to connect it to the factory ECU. Haven't been able to find anything explaining how to wire one in. '97 2.3, adding a turbo and just about ready to test.
  4. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

Finally got er in by tightening the bolts a little at a time, pulled right in, thanks
  5. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

Yeah finally had some time this afternoon and believe I got it in now. Still gotta install upper 2 bolts but others are in and it's snug. Just kept rotating around tightening each bolt a little at a time and it pulled in without issue. Thanks everyone for the help
  6. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

No I haven't tried that. I've previously only done this with clutch forks and cable clutches, first hydraulic type. I considered pulling it in w bolts, ill give it another shot tomorrow, see if I can't get a borescope in there to confirm what's happening
  7. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

Duralast PFHK020 from Autozone
  8. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

Right I here you, but I can't seem to install the xmission all the way, that's what I'm posting about. It won't push in the last 1/2" because the throwout bearing is hitting pressure plate fingers before the bell is all the way in. It's like I'd need to collapse the slave cylinder in to make...
  9. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

Yes prefilled master cylinder, is that what's keeping pressure on this? No videos that I've seen talk about this
  10. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

If I pull the throwout bearing back a bit like this, the splines engage with both the old factory clutch & the new Spec. That cylinder requires some force to compress, plus it's constantly pushing back, so I can see why I had a tough time getting that last 1/2" to close. Just seems exteme to...
  11. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

What's strange is compared to the factory clutch that was removed, the newer one seems a little more shallow (clutch & PP) Hard to tell how the factory one would've worked. I guess the throwout bearing is always touching the pressure plate fingers?
  12. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

Thanks for the responses, let me ask this, this replacement slave cylinder is fully extended. Are you supposed to compress it while installing new clutch?
  13. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

This was just testing off of the truck to get an idea of spacing. Yep new pilot bushing
  14. 2.3L ('83-'97) Clutch replacement

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here, '97 2.3. Not able to get the xmission in that last .5" roughly. Went back n took measurements, appears to be roughly 1.5" of input shaft spline exposed. Meanwhile, it's just over 2" from pressure plate fingers to backside (flywheel side) of clutch. Are you...
  15. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel line springlock issue

I was kinda thinking about that but wasn't sure. Yeah better give it a try, does look rusty
  16. 2.3L ('83-'97) Fuel line springlock issue

Hello, trying to piece my ol '97 2.3 back together, and can't get the dern fuel lines to reconnect. Kinda hard to get to, but I thought they'd simply snap back together n lock. Is there some trick to this?
  17. 2.3L ('83-'97) Just a ground?

@RonD do you happen to know about these? Looks like 2 vacuum connections on it, do you happen to know which lines?
  18. 2.3L ('83-'97) Just a ground?

Ok great, thanks for the explanation. Found out the hard way I didn't take anywhere near enough pics

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad