• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Questions from a potential new Ford Ranger buyer (1986!)

Yeah I appreciate that, I passed it up because it was a little pricey to just get as a second vehicle
  2. Questions from a potential new Ford Ranger buyer (1986!)

Sorry about that! I wasn't getting email notifications for posts, so I missed a lot of these. MANY thanks to those who contributed, I really appreciate it. Decided against buying it, financially it didn't make sense as a truck to replace my daily driver, and I couldn't afford it as a second...
  3. 1993 Ranger needs a head gasket -- should I buy for $1200?

1993 Ranger on Facebook Marketplace for $1200, owner says it's 4WD, 4.0L, V6, says it's a "solid truck, no body work needed" (but I'm new to this and working on educating myself about rust, so maybe that's wrong -- see the pics). 97k miles on it. However, it does need a head gasket. Is this a...
  4. Questions from a potential new Ford Ranger buyer (1986!)

Thanks for all this, appreciate it! I'll make sure to consider all your info when checking it out. Definitely comes down to what makes sense for me personally, but I love all the input I'm getting
  5. Questions from a potential new Ford Ranger buyer (1986!)

Appreciate this, really good to know! I'll make sure to check the leaf springs and suspension parts, sounds like those are especially susceptible to rust. Thanks!
  6. Questions from a potential new Ford Ranger buyer (1986!)

Yeah good point about the power, I don't have to drive at maniac speeds but I don't want to be handicapped to the cruising lane. Something to consider
  7. Questions from a potential new Ford Ranger buyer (1986!)

Thanks! Love the interior as well. I'm thinking about trying to knock off some of the price given that it's one of the smaller engines/not a ton of power. Appreciate the insight!
  8. Questions from a potential new Ford Ranger buyer (1986!)

I’m curious for some thoughts and advice on buying my first Ford Ranger. I’m really wanting to buy a classic Ranger, something from the mid-90s and older. I found one on Facebook Marketplace that feels promising: 1986; 2WD; 2.0L (need to confirm that); 121K miles; body, bed and frame claim to be...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad