• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. My confusing 3.0

Solved!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad coil pack. SMP less than 2 years old. I am going forward with Motorcraft only. Lesson learned. Thanks for your responses guys!!!
  2. My confusing 3.0

I put a new plug in #1 thats when the code changes to P0302 I will get a compression tester tomorrow and check it out. Thanks.
  3. My confusing 3.0

Afternoon Guys: I have a 2003 3.0l xlt. New new wires, plugs, coil pack, and cam syncro in the last 20K miles. While driving, I got a hard intermittent miss under load at low rpm and has become worse. My code reader gives a P0301 code. I figured must be a bad injector. Replaced with new SMP...
  4. Misfire / lean run

Thanks to Rusty and Ron for taking the time to help. I replaced #2 injector and she runs great again. You all have a great holiday season and prosperous new year!!
  5. Misfire / lean run

I have a 2003 Ranger 3.0l 5 sp stick. Love my little truck. Bought it 18 mo. ago after my Tundra was totaled. Anyway It had 152K miles when I bought it, and now has 165K. Has had new Motorcraft wires Autolite plugs SMP coil Motorcraft TPS SMP PCV valve and various vacuum hoses that were...
  6. Seat belt problems

Good evening guys. I have a 2003 Ranger 3.0l 5 speed 2 door supercab. The seat belt wont retract on the drivers side. Today I cleaned the belt changing out the soapy water 5 times (it was pretty nasty). It is now flexible and shiny, and tries to retract but cant quite do it. Have any of you...
  7. Rock Auto

The only problem I have encountered is with a part I wanted to return. They wanted the box the part came in, and I had trashed it. I don't really blame them for this and still give them all the business I cam. Now I have a box of boxes though!! LOL.
  8. Beating a dead horse (overrev)

Solved. It was a faulty throttle position sensor. I really appreciate all your responses to my woes!!!
  9. Beating a dead horse (overrev)

Thanks guys. I will check these both now!!
  10. Beating a dead horse (overrev)

Replaced the OSS sensor today along with the pigtail that plugs into it. It is still not correct. If I am slowing from 30 mph or faster, the engine will drop to about 1500 rpm for about 2 or 3 seconds then as you come to 3 or 4 mph it revs to 3000 rpm then sometimes will drop back to 900 or...
  11. Beating a dead horse (overrev)

Thanks for all your speedy responses. I have something to work with and will report back when I get this little beast behaving correctly!! BTW what is a FIVC?
  12. Beating a dead horse (overrev)

Hey All: This problem is wearing me out. 2003 30.l 5 speed stick. Between some gears and coming to a stop the engine is revving from 3000 to 4000 rpm only when the ac is on. I have found the vacc leaks and replaces the hoses, replaced IAC valve and have an vss sensor here to install tomorrow...
  13. My mileage s*cks

I have a 2003 3.0 5 speed stick stock tire size. I keep the revs at or below 3000 rpm. Worst mileage was 19.5. Usually gets 20 to 21 driving in DFW. I have a friend who has a 3.0 Ranger also and his mileage went south. They discovered the thermostat was faulty and the engine get up to...
  14. Haunted speedometer (yet another weird Ranger issue)

Problem solved (but do not understand why) I had an IAC valve ordered that came in today. 5 minutes after installing it, I went for a test drive. Now besides it not over revving, the buzzing is gone and the speedometer is working correctly. I can understand the buzzing sound because there is...
  15. Haunted speedometer (yet another weird Ranger issue)

Hey Guys I have a 2003 Ranger 3.0l 5 speed. Bought it a year ago with 152k on the clock, and now has 163k. Here is the issue. Last month I started hearing a chirping / buzzing noise that would change pitch with change of engine rpm. I thought it might be a cam position sensor, so I replaced...
  16. Disable start switch

LOL!!!! Ron D you my kinda people!!!!
  17. Disable start switch

I didn't really think this through. With the PATS system along with the steering wheel locked, its probably not going anywhere. I usually always try to over complicate things (according to my wife). I appreciate all of you taking time to respond!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. Disable start switch

I have a 2003 Ranger XLT 3.0 with a 5 speed stick. I want to setup a switch to disable the starter if the pickup was broken into. My thoughts were to try and determine which wire that plugs into the clutch safety switch that can be cut and install a toggle switch in that wire to disable. Does...
  19. Replacing oil pan gasket

Good Evening. I pulled my transmission on my 3.0l XLT (coil springs) and found the oil pan needing to be replaced. My question is do I need to unbolt the motor mounts to get the back of the engine high enough to slide the pan out the back. I also have the exhaust crossover off. I appreciate...
  20. Oil deflector

THANK YOU!!!!! Imma try one of these!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad