• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Shadowranger

Need a hot lead for dash cam

Putting a dash cam in and it has a cig. lighter plug. The 12 outlet on the dash is hot all the time so I need somewhere else to wire the dashcam that is hot only when the engine is running. I can change out the cig. lighter plug and go two wires but would rather not so where should I look? 2001...
  2. Shadowranger

Stuck in 4 high

2001 Ranger XLT 4.,0 extended cab (4 door) automatic trans. and electronic transfer case shift. (bought used, and have owned it 15 yrs. with no issues like this one) Couple of days ago leaving the property needing 4 hi to get to the blacktop, shift back to 2WD and it stayed in 4 hi. After a...
  3. Shadowranger

AC only comes out lower vents

So, after 3 months in the shop due to parts availability, I finally got the Ranger back yesterday. Engine pulled, main seal, transfer case seal, heads and valves done, on and on. Now the AC, which worked fine before this, only blows out the lower vents and with less volume than normal, even on...
  4. Shadowranger

4.0 Compression on 2001

So, still waiting for my mechanic to have an opening to do the timing chain work on the '01. It's at 140,000 miles and runs very good. I've been assuming the compression is good as I wait for this job and it's going to be a big one. 4x4 automatic and I have quite the list of things for him to...
  5. Shadowranger

Question about solar battery maint.

Lately I haven't been driving the Ranger much and recently replaced the battery. I have an old very small solar panel that I added a cigarette lighter plug to and it stays plugged in. But it only puts out 6 volts through the windshield. Is that enough to keep the new battery charged for a week...
  6. Shadowranger

New here, late as usual

Joined early last week and it looks like just in time. Thanks for the help with the 2001 Ranger XLT 4x4, guys. The timing chain cluster will be addressed ASAP. Been living in central Caribbean for 12 years now, seeing what grows on 4 acres. Coconuts grow well, everything else has a bug or...
  7. Shadowranger

Front side marker lights

with the yellow lens...right side bulb is out. Is there a way to replace the bulb or do I need to replace the whole assembly? 2001 Ranger XLT (the dog is Shadow and he loves this truck)
  8. Shadowranger

Found this in the oil pan..

Took the oil pan off yesterday for a thorough cleaning and to replace the pan gasket and found this little gem inside. It reminds me of the old nylon timing gear teeth from way back but it doesn't look like a broken tooth. It's nylon but has a corner to it as though it broke off something...
  9. Shadowranger

No voltage to fog lamps

Hello all, fog lamps recently died and I have replaced them with smaller ones for the Mustang (due to an order mixup) and have found no voltage thru the wiring to them. All other lights works, brake, running, etc. I've cut the factory terminal off the old fog lamp harness to expose bare wire...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad