• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Check Engine Light Issues...1999 Ford Ranger XLT

Hello. Thanks for looking at my post. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger 3.0 XLT that has (2) Check Engine Codes that I cannot seem to get rid of on my own. Code (1): P1401 differential pressure feedback circuit Code (2): P0455 evaporative emissions leak large *History: (1) I have tried to change the...
  2. 1999 Ranger XLT will not start....DPFE

Hello. I have a 1999 XLT Super Cab 3.0 v6 Ranger. Check Engine light says following Codes: p1401 p1120 p0455 p0122 I am having trouble getting the check engine light off and troubleshooting the issue. First, I bought a TPS Sensor to replace per the p1120 code. The TPS sensor had a striped...
  3. Need Advice on PATS Transponder Issue

Hello! Thanks for looking at my Post! I am having issues starting my 1999 XLT 3.0 Ford Ranger. This blue thing broke off and I have to move it around until I hear the constant "Dinging" when the door is open. The metal prong extending from the Blue Transponder also broke off and can...
  4. 1999 PATS System Failure? Truck Will Not Start

Hello. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd Truck. I went to start the truck and the key turns but nothing happens. Never starts. went inside the house came back out and it just stopped working. The dash board "Theft" light was flashing fast with key in ignition. I waited 45-60 Seconds and it...
  5. Exhaust Question Troubleshooting

Hello. I have had several issues with my 99 Ranger and have always gotten good information from these forums. Recently, I replaced all 3 O2 Sensors on my 99 Ranger Flex 3.0 XLT. The Check Engine Light came off and the truck was running perfect. Then abruptly 2 months later I start getting...
  6. Help with 99 Ranger Diagnosis....

Thanks for looking! Background: I have taken the truck to 3 Shop locations looking for an answer and have received 3 different answers so I am coming here for any thoughts on the issues. FORD will not look at the truck; they say they don’t take anything that old anymore and unless it has all...
  7. 1999 2wd Ranger Rear Leaf Spring Bushing Kit

Hello. I purchased this kit to replace the bushings in my leaf springs. I was wondering in anyone here has installed this kit or one like it for a 1999 2wd 3.0 V6 Ford Ranger XLT 4 door. I ordered the kit from Amazon, but before I install as I read this kit does not "Completly" match the 99...
  8. Whats best for Brakes...?

Just a question: What is best in anyones opinions on fixing brake parts? 1. Rebuild original calipers on my 1999 Ranger 2wd....though rebuild parts seem to be After Market Only. 2. Replace the OEM factory caliper with New After Market Caliper 3. Replace with...
  9. 1999 XLT 2wd Ford Ranger Upper Control Arm Bushing Dust Covers

Hello. I purchased 2 upper control arms with ball joints for my 1999 XLT 2WD ford ranger 3.0 gas light duty truck. Ford indicated the original control arms are "Discontinued". My questions is how important are the dust covers for the boots? I received a set in the mail and one set has a...
  10. Advice on Bushings/Ball Joints 99 Ranger

Hello. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger V6 3.0 2wd XLT Ranger. I replaced the lower control arm ball joints with factory ball joints. I now am looking to replace the other bushings and upper ball joints. The question is FORD said that there are NO Motorcraft Upper Ball Joints only lower...
  11. 1999 Ranger 2WD XLT Will not Start Has Full Power......

Hello. I am having an issue with my 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD 3.0 V6 Gas Truck. 1. I can turn the key and have full power. Radio, Lights, etc... 2. A Jump will not work to start the truck. 3. Background. I did have the ignition repalced 6 months ago and had 2 new keys programmed...
  12. 1999 Ford Ranger Clicking Issue

Hello. I have a 1999 2WD 3.0 gas Ford XLT Ranger. I have been hearing a "Clicking" sound when I brake on the Drivers Side. I checked brakes seem fine, Rotor seems Fine, Caliper not sure. No brake light or ABS light just "Clicking" when I hit the Brake. The "Clicking" gets...
  13. 99 3.0L Ranger Temp Gauage sending unit.....

Hello. I am looking to clear something up on my 1999 Ford ranger XLT 3.0L Gas Engine. The temprature gauage in my truck is not working. So after investigation I am of the understanding that there are 2 parts. (1) the ECT Cooling Sensor for the computer and the Temp Gauage Sender(not sensor) for...
  14. Help WIth 99 Ranger Engine

Hello. I have a 1999 Ford XLT Ranger 3.0 Gas, 170k Miles. I recently overheated and need advice on the issue. The lower hose came loose on the way home and the engine overheated. I put the hose back on correctly, added new coolant and truck started fine so I took it around the block for a...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad