• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Check Engine Light Issues...1999 Ford Ranger XLT

Hello. Thanks for the Reply. 1. I have not removed the EGR assembly etc...will try and see if any exhaust comes out.... 2. No mods any way original system. Not gutted CAT 3. New gas cap was put on while back and same codes. Thanks. SRD
  2. Check Engine Light Issues...1999 Ford Ranger XLT

Hello. Thanks for looking at my post. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger 3.0 XLT that has (2) Check Engine Codes that I cannot seem to get rid of on my own. Code (1): P1401 differential pressure feedback circuit Code (2): P0455 evaporative emissions leak large *History: (1) I have tried to change the...
  3. 1999 Ranger XLT will not start....DPFE

Hello. Thanks for the replies. Ok, I read the article and Post #4. Since I am not a real mechanic I am checking if I am on the right path in my understanding. Thanks, Ron D. "Read this thread Post#4"...
  4. 1999 Ranger XLT will not start....DPFE

Ok. I checked the 2 hoses to the DPFE and made sure they were correct. I would have never noticed the difference in size my eyesight up close is very poor... but I did have them on correct. *Now I have one code only: P1401 Diff Pressure Feedback EGR Circuit High Input *Any idea as to a next...
  5. 1999 Ranger XLT will not start....DPFE

Ok. Looking to do a follow up question. Once I unplugged and re-plugged the cam shaft sensor the truck started great!!! The 4 Codes all went away...... P0122 Throttle/Petal Position Sensor/Switch A Circuit Low Input P0455 Evaporative Emission Control System Leak Detected (gross leak) P1120...
  6. 1999 Ranger XLT will not start....DPFE

Mr. Ron D....YOUR THE MAN! I unplugged the crank shaft sensor plugged it back in and ...VROOOOM! Started right up like a champ! Should I get a new crank shaft sensor? Thanks again! SRD
  7. 1999 Ranger XLT will not start....DPFE

Hello. Thank you for the reply. 1. The CEL does come on with the key and you can still retrieve codes etc. No Crank sensor codes show up and have had no intermitten issues to date, started and ran perfect before this abrupt issue. 2. The CEL goes very faint and so do other dash lights; when...
  8. 1999 Ranger XLT will not start....DPFE

Thanks for the replies. Ok, I have cheked the following and still the truck cranks but no start. I am thinking some kind of electrical issue or wire got disturbed but am not sure where to go from here. 1. Fuel pump is good and relays are good. 2. No Spark now. 3. No pressure in fuel...
  9. 1999 Ranger XLT will not start....DPFE

Ok. I sprayed starter fluid in the engine. Nothing. Exact same sound and everything never did anything. I took off hose and opened flute and sprayed like 4 sprays in engine. I am not sure why none of the engine lights or codes went off when I repalced the DPFE or TPS sensor. Just tries to...
  10. 1999 Ranger XLT will not start....DPFE

Hello. Thanks for the reply. I was able to remove the bolt and replace the TPS sensor and I also replaced the DPFE just incase. Still same issue. Tries to start but won’t turn over......Did another Code test got same 4 codes nothing changed. it started fine until I took off the DPFE and put...
  11. 1999 Ranger XLT will not start....DPFE

Hello. I have a 1999 XLT Super Cab 3.0 v6 Ranger. Check Engine light says following Codes: p1401 p1120 p0455 p0122 I am having trouble getting the check engine light off and troubleshooting the issue. First, I bought a TPS Sensor to replace per the p1120 code. The TPS sensor had a striped...
  12. Need Advice on PATS Transponder Issue

Ok, I see. so the one black wire leading to the blue thing is just losing continuity somewhere in the line until i find the "Sweet Spot" to start the truck then just loses its connection again along the way and I do it all over.....Ok. So, from here my question would be if i have to get a...
  13. Need Advice on PATS Transponder Issue

Thanks for the information. I think I am somewhat starting to get it....So, can I just cut off the blue thing and trim the black wire and tape it? I think the black wire leading to the blue thing might be getting lose as I have to move it alot now to get a "Ding" to even start the truck...
  14. Need Advice on PATS Transponder Issue

Hello! Thanks for looking at my Post! I am having issues starting my 1999 XLT 3.0 Ford Ranger. This blue thing broke off and I have to move it around until I hear the constant "Dinging" when the door is open. The metal prong extending from the Blue Transponder also broke off and can...
  15. 1999 PATS System Failure? Truck Will Not Start

Fixed: I had a blank Ford Key and had someone come over and copy the blank keys cut and then re-programmed the blank key and it worked fine. So, I take it the transponder key was broken. $90 total with tip! Back on the road. Thanks.
  16. 1999 PATS System Failure? Truck Will Not Start

No, just one key. I have a spare Ford Blank Key but only one that was programmed so I can't tell if it is the key. I have one key only.
  17. 1999 PATS System Failure? Truck Will Not Start

Hello. I have a 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 2wd Truck. I went to start the truck and the key turns but nothing happens. Never starts. went inside the house came back out and it just stopped working. The dash board "Theft" light was flashing fast with key in ignition. I waited 45-60 Seconds and it...
  18. Exhaust Question Troubleshooting

Ok, thank you for the replies! I have reached the following conclusion. Any input? 1. I have replaced the O2 sensors with the Bosch replacements. 2. I decided to investigate the "Color" of the O2 sensors removed.....they were very very very Black. I assume it can be one of 4 colors causing the...
  19. Exhaust Question Troubleshooting

Hello. Thanks for the input. The P0131 code would def point to the wiring and low voltage. However, I think I solved the issue another way and it is not the wiring at all. Any input is appreciated. I recently bought 3 NEW O2 sensors Motorcraft from eBay and they are supposed to be "100%...
  20. Exhaust Question Troubleshooting

Hello. I have had several issues with my 99 Ranger and have always gotten good information from these forums. Recently, I replaced all 3 O2 Sensors on my 99 Ranger Flex 3.0 XLT. The Check Engine Light came off and the truck was running perfect. Then abruptly 2 months later I start getting...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad