• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Fryedbm

Air Lift install

Does this seem correct? You can see the base on passenger side but not on driver side. They have both been inflated to 10psi as instructed and adjusted. Thoughts?
  2. Fryedbm

Steering shaft?

Is this my steering shaft? Should I make this a priority?
  3. Fryedbm

This just seems odd to me

Should this grease be here? Wheel bearing need packed or replaced? Thoughts .....
  4. Fryedbm

Proper install order.

So as you know I'm about to tackle that front end. Obviously I got the bellows inner and outer tie rods however with the upper control arms and sway links. What is the best order to do this? I hope that made sense.....
  5. Fryedbm

Is this ok?

Just got all my parts to rebuild front end. One of the tie rod ends has grease that has escaped. This ok?
  6. Fryedbm

Don't know what this is called...

So it runs from steering down to rack and pinion. The boot is split open pretty far. I'm sure I need to replace it but tell me if I need to check for anything serious before buying the boot(I have no idea how long it has been that way). Also is it even something I can do on my own? How much of a...
  7. Fryedbm

Tie rod end? Looks good,or switch out?

I have on the way the 12 piece front end kit. Should I just do it all? I will get more pics if you want. Just let me know
  8. Fryedbm

Upgrading leaf springs

Tell me what you know. Is it easy? I'm a WAAAAY beginner. Tips,tricks,ECT...... What is the load limit on factory leafs? Do I need to order anything besides the leafs? Bushings,bolts,ECT??
  9. Fryedbm

Torsion bar springs?

Ok guys. I'm ordering what I need to get this done finally. What is torsion bar springs? Is this the correct stuff? What do you need to know so I can ensure I am ordering the proper kit?
  10. Fryedbm

Clutch issue.....again

Ok so as you guys know I replaced my clutch. I know NOTHING. A guy,maybe RonD or Uncle Gump had me buy a Luk self adjusting. Now I have seen some say they are junk(the self adjusting part) Anyhow my clutch pedal is slowly getting back to where it disengages at the top,like it acted before I...
  11. Fryedbm

Need help identifying a part

Ok. So when I did my clutch obviously I removed my shifter. In doing so I found a rubber grommet or bushing below that plate that needs replaced. What's it called? I believe it sets right on top of that deally mo flotcher. Lol. I'm sorry guys I'm new at all this and not too smart
  12. Fryedbm

Not worth reading

I'm sorry if you are reading this. Just a quick rant as I did not see a spot for "general rants" I don't understand why I have a manual transmission and NO TACHOMETER!!! Every vehicle needs a tach,here I am driving a manual and no tach. I have 4 vehicles,3 are automatic and all 3 have a...
  13. Fryedbm

So inconvenient

I don't know about yours but my 99 Ranger has the blinker so low I hit it with my knee. Lol. It's like the truck was made for guys under 5'9. 😜
  14. Fryedbm

Banners

I read the post about the banners but I don't see the one for "supporting member". I'm not trying to be braggadocios, I have used this site alot and talked about supporting it,I did,I don't want you guys to think I am an unappreciative liar. How do I activate my banner?
  15. Fryedbm

Clutch "pop"

I was downshifting and something in my clutch popped and now my clutch pedal won't move in or out. ideas, suggestions?
  16. Fryedbm

Should I upgrade front end and rear shocks?

Happy Independence Day and thank you to all the veterans!!! As you guys know I am fixing my work truck. I own a handyman business and use my Ranger for it. I will soon have a crossover tool box in the bed,I frequently haul a lil 5x8 metal trailer with a riding lawn mower and of course load the...
  17. Fryedbm

SUCCESS

I'm so excited to report that is is official. I just took it on a drive and she drove and shifted BEAUTIFULLY!!!!! Now; one more thing, I was always told that when you're slowing down especially to a stop that you should go through all the gears cuz it was bad on the transmission or the clutch...
  18. Fryedbm

My shifter won't move

Now that I have it all back together,I push the clutch and see the throw out pushing the pressure plate but my shifter won't move. What did I do wrong?
  19. Fryedbm

Just won't go in

So Al's of you of you know I just changed my clutch. I worked for 3 hours yesterday trying to get my transmission back in. I have the spline in the pilot bearing I can see the throwout bearing touching the fingers of the pressure plate but they're still like a 3 or 4 inch Gap between the...
  20. Fryedbm

Is this normal?

I dropped my transmission to replace my clutch. I see that my pressure plate and clutch is Rusty, is this normal? Should I be concerned?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad