• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. cmequestionu

separate the coolant reservoir from the washer fluid

I am putting coilovers in my ranger and I would have more needed room for the upper mounts if the washer fluid reservoir was somewhere else. Problem is; it's attached to the coolant reservoir. I could easily cut them apart but worry the mounting won't hold the coolant reservoir by itself. Has...
  2. cmequestionu

Clocking the tie rod end

I have a "Y" link steering setup. It has the one tie rod end that has a tapered hole built in for another tie rod end. My problem is I need that hole to be vertical and it is horizontal. At the risk of getting chewed out here is my question: (keep in mind I AM a certified welder and will be...
  3. cmequestionu

Transmission crossmember height

Does anyone know what the relative height of the transmission crossmember to the frame height? If you're looking at the truck from the side, at the cross section of the crossmember, how much higher is the crossmember mounting surface to the bottom of the frame? Short story long. I'm redoing the...
  4. cmequestionu

Throttle body rebuild

Has anyone tried this? Is it possible? I haven't found a kit. The reason I ask is because after performing a smoke test there is a leak in the pivot on the opposite side of the sensor, where the spring is.
  5. cmequestionu

Lower intake manifold gasket

Hey guys and girls, I'm getting trouble codes p0171 and p0174. I have a Jet power programmer which lets me look at simple diagnosing numbers. The long term fuel trim is holding steady at 25% on both banks. Both O2 sensors seem to be working fine, the MAF sensor seems to be clean. I ran some...
  6. cmequestionu

Where do the grounds go?

There are three grounds that are bolted to the body on the passenger side behind the kick panel. I traced a positive short to the one with the white stripe. Wiring diagrams only give me what color a wire is and not where it goes, not helpful when all the grounds are either black or black with...
  7. cmequestionu

Has anyone successfully recalibrated the speedo on a 98-00 ranger?

I've purchased a Jet reprogrammer. There was no option to adjust the speedometer, I called Jet and they told me my firmware was out of date so I went to Ford and had it updated to no avail. Then I actually took it to Ford to see if they would do it and they told me there were only set groups of...
  8. cmequestionu

Black puck mounted to the bw1354

What's the black puck looking thing bolted to the case? It doesn't seem to be doing anything important. Is it just dead weight? Can I take it off?
  9. cmequestionu

Unusual door chime issue

I have a 2000 Ranger, 4.0L, 4x4, 4 door. I have this unusual problem that the door chime will continue for about 4 seconds (which is about 4-5 chimes) after I take the key out of the ignition. Sounds normal, right? Here's the kicker, it only happens when I turn the key to run and then off. If I...
  10. cmequestionu

Rough idle after camshaft synchronizer install

I've installed a new camshaft synchronizer using the alignment tool at #1 compression tdc (removed #1 spark plug, put finger in the hole and turned the crank until air came out then lined mark on harmonic balancer I0 with tab on crankshaft sensor) and after reinstalling it several times with the...
  11. cmequestionu

speaker wire connectors

Hello all, I have been away for a while but I found an interesting solution to a problem I was having with my amp and I decided to share. My issue was the speaker wires coming out of my amp kept breaking off which caused poor connection to the speakers (subsequently making for a rather annoying...
  12. cmequestionu

need to borrow/rent tires/wheels

My tires are too big to run on the smog machine. Does anyone know of how I can rent/borrow tires and/or wheels to run a smog check?
  13. cmequestionu

Jet programmer FYI

Just got a programmer from Jet. Main reason I got it was to change the tire size so my speedo is accurate. Wouldnt you know, I plugged it in and it skipped right over that part. :lame: Called Jet maybe I had a faulty unit or I missed something or hit a button wrong. :dunno: Turns out in order...
  14. cmequestionu

abs sensor gap?

Doew anyone know how big the gap should be between the abs sensor and the tone ring? During my axle swap I changed my 9" to accept the tone ring and sensor. At a certain speed the speedometer and odometer quit working. Luckily it is just above freeway speed so it warns me if I go too fast. I am...
  15. cmequestionu

Front End Weight

Ok, so I am doing a solid axle swap on my '00 ranger. I am to the point where I need to order front coil springs. The 98+ rangers didnt come with coil springs I need to know what the front end of the 98+ 4x4 4.0L weighs in order to get springs made. My truck cant move so I cant get it to a...
  16. cmequestionu

My '00 build thred, w/questions

So Ive decided to chop up my truck and put a solid axle underneath it.:yahoo: What I have for axles is a Dana 44 and a 9" from a '77 F-150. The guy I purchased them from actually took them from the truck with the full intention of putting them under a Jeep Cherokee but found a D60 and a 10.25...
  17. cmequestionu

superlift wheel spacing

When I was quoted for a superlift 4" lift kit the guy behind the counter said I needed offset wheels or wheel spacers in order to use the truck after installation. I have not found anything on this in my searches. Is there any validity to this statement or is he just trying to sell me stuff I...
  18. cmequestionu

98+ solid axle swap?

I was wondering if anyone has done one, how they did it, what they used, and any problems you ran into. I want to do one on my 2000 ranger and the project seems very overwhelming and i dont want to get stuck trying to figure something out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  19. cmequestionu

Fuel Pump Problems - Doesn't start

My ranger won't start. Not only is my battery dead, but I have a feeling a major problem is the fuel pump. It doesn't make the whirring sound when I turn the ignition to accessory. What is the best way to check that it is indeed the fuel pump, and not some other problem, like wiring?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad