• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. cmequestionu

ford ranger seats

Can you recommend the upholstery shop that you had the seats done? How much did it run you? Also in the Denver area.
  2. cmequestionu

separate the coolant reservoir from the washer fluid

I am putting coilovers in my ranger and I would have more needed room for the upper mounts if the washer fluid reservoir was somewhere else. Problem is; it's attached to the coolant reservoir. I could easily cut them apart but worry the mounting won't hold the coolant reservoir by itself. Has...
  3. cmequestionu

Clocking the tie rod end

Yeah, high steer isn't in the budget, unfortunately. The knuckles I have don't do high steer, at least not in the off the shelf way.
  4. cmequestionu

Clocking the tie rod end

So in this completely hypothetical, damn near laughable situation, how would one find out what material it's hypothetically made of?
  5. cmequestionu

Clocking the tie rod end

I have a "Y" link steering setup. It has the one tie rod end that has a tapered hole built in for another tie rod end. My problem is I need that hole to be vertical and it is horizontal. At the risk of getting chewed out here is my question: (keep in mind I AM a certified welder and will be...
  6. cmequestionu

Full Size Axle Radius Arms

I just took this setup off my ranger. It was a 77 but basically the same. I'm swapping to a three link with coilovers. I cut off the end of the radius arm and welded on some tubing that I had threaded for Ballistic 3" joints.
  7. cmequestionu

Need new shocks all around - should I replace anything else?

A vehicle's springs hold the weight of the vehicle. The shocks/struts control the movement of those springs. 5-600 lb doesn't sound like a lot if you had a full size truck. That's almost half of the Ranger's capacity. I would look into helper springs to correct ride height. As far as what to...
  8. cmequestionu

Do Welds/Modifications to a Trailer Hitch Significantly Compromise the Integrity of the Hitch?

I'd be more worried about the rust causing structure issues than the weld. I'd cut it across the tube where it meets the bracket plate, x2 for bobbywalter's advice except I'd add a step of rust converting primer before paint.
  9. cmequestionu

Transmission crossmember height

Does anyone know what the relative height of the transmission crossmember to the frame height? If you're looking at the truck from the side, at the cross section of the crossmember, how much higher is the crossmember mounting surface to the bottom of the frame? Short story long. I'm redoing the...
  10. cmequestionu

Need new liner for my flux core welder but need help.

I find it helps if the cord is laid out straight, cut it a little long.
  11. cmequestionu

Throttle body rebuild

Yeah, but besides that.
  12. cmequestionu

Throttle body rebuild

Ok, so I took the plunge and started disassembling my throttle body. I used a mini hack saw frame to cut off the pinched screw threads. I unscrewed the two screws holding on the butterfly plate. It only slides out one way. One bolt holds the shaft assembly in place. Once I pulled the shaft out I...
  13. cmequestionu

Need new liner for my flux core welder but need help.

I second the "pull it out and take it to your local welding supply shop". Liners should be fairly easy to replace. Something to keep in mind, especially as a novice welder (I was guilty of this in the beginning) if your welder is on a cart be sure to not use the gun as a leash. Pulling the cart...
  14. cmequestionu

Throttle body rebuild

Has anyone tried this? Is it possible? I haven't found a kit. The reason I ask is because after performing a smoke test there is a leak in the pivot on the opposite side of the sensor, where the spring is.
  15. cmequestionu

Lower intake manifold gasket

So everything's back together, more smoke tests found smoke coming from oil dipstick, it wasn't sitting right because of the headers. Got that fixed, another smoke test, IAC valve was pluming, replaced that, another smoke test, it's coming from two places 1) under the plastic cap on the IAC I...
  16. cmequestionu

The RTV I got from work is only a couple months old. Acetone is a common metal cleaner for welding (my profession). If it's good enough to clean metal for melting together it's probably good for prepping metal for a surface sealant.
  17. cmequestionu

Oh, sorry. I had some trouble tracking down some RTV. Finally found half a tube at work. Tried wiping down with acetone and putting like a 3/16" bead. Got it all together, ran a smoke test after a day there was a leak in the back. Took it apart again to find I hadn't used enough. Third time was...
  18. cmequestionu

Essential jobs...

Hey guys and girls, The company I work for builds and maintains plow, roadwork, and garbage trucks. We're considered essential. My "office" is about 600 sqft so it's easy to stay 6' away from my coworkers. It's hard to take this seriously when your day to day doesn't change. The only noticable...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad