• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 3.0 Crank no start after sitting

Hello all, I had to leave my 2000 ranger with the 3.0 sitting for about 3 months due to work. Since doing that, she does not want to start. I initially thought it was a battery issue, since I've had battery problems in the past, but even with a new battery, she cranks without starting. I bought...
  2. 2000 Tail light question

Hello all, My 2000 ranger's reverse lights recently stopped working, and I tracked the issue down to a ground in the tail light wiring harness. I replaced this with a part from eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/404246352121), and now the reverse lights light up again. However, this harness has...
  3. Oil Pressure Gauge Flutter

Hello all, I've noticed that when I exit a highway after driving for a while with a good bit of cargo in the bed, my oil pressure gauge flutters once I come to a stop, such as at a stop sign or intersection. It returns to the normal position once I hit the gas, and get the rpms around 1500...
  4. Transmission Fluid Question

Hey y'all, I'm planning on changing the transmission fluid in my 2000 3.0L RWD Ranger, and I've been running into some confusion with what kind of fluid to use. I was planning on using this fluid (Valvoline MERCON V), since it matches the fluid specified in my manual, but a bunch of auto parts...
  5. Chattering/Rattling while accelerating at highway speeds

Hello again - After replacing my camshaft synchronizer twice (currently using a NAPA part), I still have a bit of a chattering/squealing/rattling noise that sounds like it's coming from under the hood. However, this noise only happens at highway speeds, and only when I put the engine under...
  6. 2000 Camshaft synchronizer still squeaking after replacement

Hello all, I recently used some of the guides on this forum to replace my camshaft synchronizer, but it still makes a chirping/squeaking/chattering noise when I accelerate on the highway. After reading some more threads, my hunch is that it isn't oiled enough. I wound up not installing the new...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad