• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Reinstalled new front rotors and bearings today after another front rotor warped, causing a pulsing brake pedal. This is twice that's happened. I had been using a NAPA front hub/rotor with new bearings the first two times. This time I went to the dealer, who had the VIN, hoping to get OE...
  2. Hello from Poland . My Ranger Edge Restoration

Marcin, what do your friends think of your Ranger? Maybe they want one too? :LOL: Did you have any problems getting license plates? (Noticed you had Polish plates.)
  3. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

The rear brakes had just started making a scraping noise, so this morning I replaced the rear disc brake pads on both sides. The inner pad on the passenger's side was worn out, which was the cause of the noise. I caught it in time and was (knock on wood) able to reuse the rear discs. The job...
  4. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Did you pull it out or did it fall out?
  5. Mazda's 2.5L Skyactiv-G Engine (PY-VPS), an ideal candidate for 3rd Gen Rangers, in theory.

I worked for Mazda for 12 years. One difficulty you will have is that the company is very secretive about its technology and does not release a lot of internal-spec info. Try to find complete specs for the FZ blue ATF fluid that the Skyactiv ATs used until the red A7 ATF began appearing last...
  6. Anyone do Genealogy / Ancestry?

You got me curious, so I looked. The number of possible human DNA combinations is HUGE. The possible number given in different spots online is above 10^600, or 10 followed by over 600 zeroes, compared with "just" 8 billion people on Earth. You do run into questions about what is still...
  7. Anyone do Genealogy / Ancestry?

Maybe your family tree goes in a circle? Understand that's common in the mountains... :lol:
  8. Anyone do Genealogy / Ancestry?

Most of those who rush to send their DNA or their kids' DNA to those genealogy sites are women. As you and others here show, most men are suspicious of sending their DNA to any website. Some people do brag about being related to notorious types. Supposedly I'm distantly related to Jesse James...
  9. Anyone do Genealogy / Ancestry?

There's serious research that says anyone in the world is no more distant than 30th cousin to anyone else anywhere. Really.
  10. Anyone do Genealogy / Ancestry?

BINGO. Just as the people who claim to hear voices in their head never say those voices tell them to do good things, only bad things.
  11. Anyone do Genealogy / Ancestry?

I've found that people (mostly women) get into genealogy because they want to find they're related to bygone royalty or some famous person. Usually they lose interest when they learn that their great-great-great-great grandfather was hanged for being a horse thief. DNA "ancestry" sites freely...
  12. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

This fluctuation is normal in most vehicles, which is why the factory temperature gauge is damped to keep the needle in one spot near the middle between C and H at normal running temperatures.
  13. Help identify this dangling connector on 1993 Ranger

If you don't think you need it, clean it and wrap it in electrical tape to protect it just in case you find it does have some use after all.
  14. All-aluminum aftermarket radiator for 4.0 SOHC Rangers?

Yesterday I got some radiator connectors for ATF lines off junked Rangers at Johnson's Mustang & Truck Parts in Chesapeake, which is one of the few remaining yards that lets you pull your own parts. The connectors came off trucks with front-end damage, so I didn't clip off a good ATF line that...
  15. Cooling Differential covers, do they really matter?

The aftermarket cover probably can't really harm anything. But my suspicion is that if finned diff covers made a real difference, you'd see them from the factory as part of a "heavy duty" or "towing" package. If the diff is somehow heating up so much that the fins get hot, you've got problems...
  16. EDIT: FORSCAN IS WORKING New Key for my '03 Mazda B3000, ForScan no longer accessible? Is a bypass an option?

Am I the only one who thinks "ForScan" is a very unfortunate name? What genius at Ford thought of using a name that sounds a lot like "foreskin"? :LOL:
  17. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Hitched a trailer to the Ranger for the first time today to take two loads of brush to the city dump. No problems. I might be the first one ever to use the factory towing package, who knows. :LOL: The last time I used the trailer was a couple of years ago when I was still using my father's...
  18. Can't get front speakers to work with new stereo.

Apologies, posted in wrong thread. Getting older sucks. :LOL:
  19. What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Filled the Ranger yesterday and noticed a mileage difference. Had been averaging 19–20 mpg the last few months (in other words, winter months), which caused me concern. Suddenly, with no changes in driving, it's back up to 22 mpg. The fuel stations must be on summer blend already.
  20. Huge homeowner's insurance increases

It's not just home insurance. Vehicle insurance is shooting up too. Insurance for my Ranger went up 30% last year and another 5% just last month. (Six–month payments)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad