• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. $0 fix on transmission range sensor 1998 Ranger

1998 Ranger with utility outfit, with a 4R44E transmission. While working on it, I noticed that the reverse lights were not coming on. Makes sense, everything else between the operator and the transmission was worn out because it was a oft-driven, short-tripped plant truck. 100k miles, many...
  2. 1998 ranger - rebuilt power steering rack - more lathe stuff

Another writeup of some shop work from the 1998 utility-outfitted Ranger I was working on. The power steering rack leaked quite badly, with the power steering fluid (ATF) coming out the rack via the rack/pinion side, washing the grease out of the rack to the boot and then the ground. Got the...
  3. Lathe repairs on shift plunger and more 1998 utility Ranger

I do enjoy making small parts and doing modifications/repairs by mail when practical
  4. Lathe repairs on shift plunger and more 1998 utility Ranger

I am working on my 2nd Ford Ranger at home - a 1998 instead of 1995 this time. In another thread I'll post soon, I will my at-home solutions to a few challenges while rebuilding the power steering rack. Now I am turning my attention to one of the remaining issues, a very floppy/loose shift...
  5. $500 '92 drivetrain fits my '95?

Hm thanks, this is sounding somewhat less compelling of a purchase as I've been prompted to dig into everything: - The 4.0 is tired, and I put a rebuilt 3.0 in my ranger a couple years ago after I bought it - The trans will be different guts/ratios, probably taller gears worse for towing? - the...
  6. $500 '92 drivetrain fits my '95?

I was mistaken, from the VIN the 92 is apparently a 4.0. Are the guts of the transmission identical, it's just the housing/casting that is different?
  7. $500 '92 drivetrain fits my '95?

This fits my understanding as well. I need to check again whether my 95 has the hybrid or not. I know the TTB body is the one used on the D35 but can't remember what exactly I saw when I pulled the fill plug to look. I don't off-road anyway, just use the truck around the property and...
  8. $500 '92 drivetrain fits my '95?

The same 3.0 v6 in my 95 as in the 92. Is it still all the same engine, just maybe different sensors or wiring in the same mechanical ports? Or would there be a revision to the engine between these years that would make it more of a replacement than a crate engine?
  9. $500 '92 drivetrain fits my '95?

Hi, My neighbor has a vehicle graveyard on his property, and amongst the vehicles he's looking to have towed to the junkyard soon is a 1992 Ranger (manufactured 3/92 based on the door sticker) 4x4 that has been rotting away for a number of years. 4x4, v6, M5OD -- exactly the same description...
  10. Odd issue - armrest over-rotated? 1995 60/40 bench seat

Fixed. This was my 5th or 6th time trying to fix it, but I always stopped myself short of getting too carried away with brute force. Here's what I did, in the unlikely case someone else needs to solve the case of the upside-down center armrest in a 60/40 2nd generation ranger: I put a thin...
  11. Odd issue - armrest over-rotated? 1995 60/40 bench seat

Hi all, I picked up a '95 Ranger last year, and after finishing some engine work I am moving onto the laundry list of other fixes. The one I am least likely to figure out and most likely to break something on .... The center armrest (bench seat, so this is also the back of the 'middle' seat)...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad