• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. pacnwranger

Speakers for 86 STX?

Hi Everyone, I have an original stereo radio in my '86 Ranger STX, with two speakers in-dash and two in the boxes mounted behind the seats. The speakers are in need of replacement and I'd like to keep the system close to stock. Any recommendations on speakers? Thanks! Dave
  2. pacnwranger

Stalls at idle when warm...

Greetings Everyone! My '86 2.9 STX automatic is giving me fits when it gets warm. It has stalled several times in stop/go traffic - including once in the McDonald's drive-thru! :( It seems to run well until it heats up and then will stall during idle. Won't restart until it cools off after...
  3. pacnwranger

'86 STX intermittent wiper not working

Hi Everyone, My wipers on my '86 2.9 automatic STX work on slow and fast but not on intermittent. I have searched threads for a similar problem but so far have come up blank. The truck sat for a long time (as in years!). I suspect the governor switch, which, I think is above left knee under...
  4. pacnwranger

Inertia switch wires get hot!

Hi Everyone! Newbie here so this is my first post! I have recently got a very nice '86 2.9 STX running after an engine swap. (The old engine was seized and the truck sat for several years!) Got it all hooked up, ran gas through the fuel system until clear and new and then set the timing...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad