• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 Swap: Runs dies and VSS Wiring

Update: I got it running. When I replaced the connector on the in-tank fuel pump, I switch to wires and the pump was pushing instead of sucking. Fixed it and it runs more than 30 seconds. Lol
  2. 4.0 Swap: Runs dies and VSS Wiring

Sorry for the late response, been traveling for work. VSS from Explorer I currently have hooked to both connections from transfer case and firewall together. MAF and air tube are hooked up. Engine out of a 94 and does have the cam sensor (mini distributor). However with the 91 harness this is...
  3. 4.0 Swap: Runs dies and VSS Wiring

For the folks that have performed a 4.0 swap into their B2. Did you hook the VSS wires to the wiring from the transmission/transfercase or to the wiring coming out of the firewall? I got my swap done, however it only runs for 30 seconds and then shuts off. Starts right back up, then dies again...
  4. 4.0l Swap Wiring help needed

Thanks folks. I'll start with those.
  5. 4.0l Swap Wiring help needed

I apologize as I should have mentioned that I kept the 88 dash and am just using the 94 4.0l engine harness. Thank you for the diagram. I'm not far off. I have the yellow wire (don't mind the cheap and temporary wire connector) hooked to the B2 black/orange wire. The yellow wire does indeed go...
  6. 4.0l Swap Wiring help needed

I've looked at and printed off some of the wiring schematics but haven't found one using a 94 Explorer. Here's my stuff: 88 B2 with 94 Explorer donor. I'm in the midst of my 4.0 conversion. I have most of the wires hooked up, however I don't believe I have "switched" power to the EEC. My CEL...
  7. Found! Non AC Blower housing

Thanks everyone as I have gotten one.
  8. Found! Non AC Blower housing

PM me what you would like for it and if you are willing to ship it. Shipping would be to 87059. Thank you
  9. Found! Non AC Blower housing

I'm in the hunt for a non-ac blower housing for my 88 B2. Please let me know if you have one available and are willing to ship (unless you are close to Albuquerque).
  10. Back in the seat!

Not new to Fords or 4wheelin. I've had a few Explorers back in the late 90's. I had a Ranger when I lived in Minnesota (RIP little Ranger. It caught the cancer). I even had a 1989 Centurion 4 door C350 Bronco. However I found myself without a four wheel drive for many years now. But last weekend...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad