• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rear end swap question

Are you saying the 98 doesn't have the sensor? My 99 did and it took me a while to find a rear end that did. I thought the 98-07 all had it.
  2. rear end swap question

The 98 requires the sensor in the rear end housing for the speedo and abs. Don't think the early ones had it.08 and newer don't either
  3. Fixing tilt

Just an fyi... if you decide to replace the bezel, the STX ranger and one of the Mazda models have a carbon fiber bezel. Door trim too. They look nice.
  4. Fixing tilt

You don't have to cut metal. You just need to sand down the lip a little, on the bezel.
  5. Fixing tilt

Yes you can use the U-shaped removal tool. Like said above, I just pull the two screws and remove the bezel. The cigarette lighter wiring is there. You bezel has a thin lip that it holds on to. If the lip is still there, your lighter housing may have just come loose. The back screws on the the...
  6. Tailgate questions

Spare tire lock and tailgate lock are 2 different things. Spare lock is not at the tailgate handle. A few aftermarket companies make a tailgate lock
  7. Fixing tilt

The knee trim has clips and a few 7mm bolts and some clips. 2 of the bolts hold the hood release handle to the dash. There is a metal plate behind it. Once those are out of the way, you can access theb4 13 or 15mm bolts that hold the column. You may or may not want to go that far. The cluster...
  8. Actuator door stuck on heat?

I saw a youtube video of a way to cut the evap box enough to access the door. Showed how the clip on the lever breaks and the door will slide off of the lever.
  9. Actuator door stuck on heat?

I thought all the hvac doors were vacuum operated back then.
  10. Fixing tilt

The tilt lever has a square place, behind the knob, to put a wrench on it. The shaft comes out. I saw that after I used a rag and some channel locks to grab the knob. If you pull the knee trim and the metal plate behind it, you can get to the 4 bolts that hold the steering column up. You can...
  11. Another coil spring question

Anyone?
  12. Another coil spring question

I have searched for hours and can't figure out which coil spring is softer. I have a D code on my 99 3.0 auto 2wd extended cab. Looking on rock auto it shows coil springs for D E, or 2 A C J. That means I should go with the 80660, but I want a little softer if I can. I just want to know which...
  13. Old guy with a Ranger

I've lurked here from time to time, but finally joined today. I have 99 3.0 4 Dr 2wd auto, with 230k on the clock. Been doing mostly maintenance on it, but I have a mostly explorer interior. I just need some more details on what I will be doing in the future.
  14. Pics of my rig

Anyone know what happened with this truck?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad