• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Stupid 2000 - V8 swap question

So from reading the available threads, am I to conclude that, 1. there is no simply at all, 2. putting a 289/302/351 w/ a four barrel in place of a 2.5 4 banger and, 3. using the original 5 speed, are all wrong.
  2. New skin for the seats

I had them installed, they were designed to go over the existing seat cover from the factory. No extra padding was necessary. The feel great, my foam was in very good shape they said. The Upholstery shop hit me for $150, which I think was well spent.
  3. New skin for the seats

I bought a set of covers from Seat Covers Unlimited. They were $225 delivered, including tax. I had a local upholstery shop install them, and I could not be happier. I did ask them to remove the storage box, (which would not stay shut anyway).These are the "almost leather" covers, but I think...
  4. A deal on wheels

I posted a picture of the truck with the wheels on page 5 of the Photos of different wheels & tires thread
  5. Photos of different wheel/tire sizes on stock and lowered 2WD's

Here is my 2000 2WD with the Jegs (looks like) Torq Thrust wheels. 225-70-15 tires.
  6. 01 headlights in a 00

I see your point, I really thought leaving an using the original 2000 turn signal, etc, and not putting a bulb on the 2001 + version. That would fill that gap I believe. I just like the "vintage "Lucas" look of that 01 headlight. BUT, I think it may be too wide, now that I can compare the two...
  7. 01 headlights in a 00

Is the switch to the "cool looking" 01 and later headlamps a simple plug and play? Looking at the LMC catalog it appears it would be easy.
  8. Stock Speakers

Can someone give me the size of the factory speakers in the doors, and the factory rear corner mounted speakers on the 2000 Sport? I am looking to upgrade, but really dont want to go into the door panel removal till I have to. :)
  9. A deal on wheels

Jeg's has a special on Jeg's label looks like American Racing Torq Thrust Wheels. I just bought 4 15 x 7 for my 2000 Ranger at $102 each with free shipping. Very nice finish, look great and by the way: I do not work for Jeg's or receive any special treatment for telling you this. :)
  10. Wanted - Gathering info for Car Audio story

Today I put a Pioneer FH-S52BT stereo in my 2000 Ranger. I was kinda suspecting something would not be as easy as advertised: "any double din radio will go right in". No, It will NOT. Be prepared to remove the radio bezel, break it down to it's main part, gather a Dremel or similar cutting...
  11. 2000 Ranger tan interior

I am probably going to get generic ( Parts Store) floor mats of the correct color, instead of doing Weather Tech. Those things are expensive. Also for hat it's worth, I replaced the plastic sill plates that Ford graciously put on the floor, with aluminum strips painted with self etching primer...
  12. 2000 Ranger tan interior

Here is my interior, there is some of this color SEM 17053 on the shifter console. ACC carpet.
  13. 2000 Ranger tan interior

Gozi, I bought a can of SEM 17053 and it IS the color. I sprayed a strip on my door panel, and the next day could not see where I sprayed! Medium Parchment is the color name.
  14. Callsigns?

W4RFM, I used to be on 2 meters a lot when I worked in Atlanta, now I do 80 and 40 meter SSB & A M.
  15. Opinions wanted

Dual Electronics XDVD276BT. Those who have or know about these, What do you folks think about this?
  16. My two cents worth

Having done a carpet install in my Lt Parchment interior , red exterior 2000 Ranger over the weekend: If your shifter console-ette is black, buy a can of SEM vinyl die and shoot it the dash color. That and the beige carpet make the interior look way upscale from the black rubber mat.
  17. JR does a Hurst shifter swap

Thanks for the detailed video, I am getting one of these for my 2000 Ranger, no doubt about it.
  18. Shifter replacement

Thanks Ron, I will search that out.
  19. Shifter replacement

I have a 2000 Ranger with a 2.5L & a Mazda M5OD-R1 transmission. My question is: does the shift lever bolt on to the transmission at the floor, and can a Hurst or other aftermarket shift arm/lever be installed with some amount of drilling? I would go and look but I dont have access to my truck...
  20. 4 cylinder exhaust

So we have concluded that a 2.5 is going to sound like a 2.5, and that is that. I also do not cherish the mad bumble bee sound of the rice burners either, so I will live with what I have. HOWEVER: my wife brought up a question the other day..a V-8 can sound really good, a V-6 can sound okay...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad