• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. My uncle was a mechanical genius

My uncle was a mechanical genius even as a child. He built his own radios as a boy, eventually became a mechanical engineer who helped design missile guidance systems to win WWII. When you went to his house he had a half dozen cuckoo clocks he restored on display. He even had a working pinball...
  2. Consumer Report's shameful treatment of the old Suzuki Samurai

Videos show conclusively that it took dozens of attempts to get the 1980's Suzuki Samurai to tip off two of its wheels. In fact, they had to modify the course and they still couldn't get it to lift in a high speed avoidance maneuver. This kind of scientific fraudulence by C.U. could easily have...
  3. Wow, the 1983 Ranger could get 39 mpg!

The best I get with my 4 cyl manual 2010 is 30 mpg.
  4. Protecting paint from fender flares

This guy seems to have a solution to protecting the paint under the flares so that future rust issues don't happen.
  5. If you need an inexpensive ball joint press or U Joint tool.....

I was absolutely shocked to see the common price to change out U Joints is well over $200 in today's pricing. I remember in 1984 I needed new U Joints for my 1971 Dodge Dart Swinger and I bought it for way less than $20. Try as I could I could not press the new ones in using whatever crude tools...
  6. What used to be extra and unimaginable options are now standard equipment

I used to sell Ford Cars in 1984 in San Diego (Douglas Ford). I remember that almost everything was optional that you paid extra for. We've become spoiled. I saw a review of the new Maverick truck and I was amazed that the reviewer spent 3/4 of the time talking about all the interior features...
  7. Quit talking down the new Maverick

I don't own a Maverick but despite the initial problems they've had with this new truck, I wish I had one. Every new vehicle, including a cutting edge one like the Maverick, has problems on first release. We are polluting our planet and wasting money on gas hog big trucks. That's why I love my...
  8. Inexpensive pen brake and clutch fluid tester - only 12 bucks

This business of flushing the brakes every two years always bugged me. I probably end up doing it every 4 years and I've never had a problem. I have a theory that opening the cap should only be done when you're low because you're letting moisture in. Now, I see there's a super cheap and easy pen...
  9. Jante Wheels at Summit Racing

I have a 2010 Ranger with steel wheels and rear disks which means there were only two stock stock aluminum rims available to me from the manufacturer in a 15 inch size. Summit racing sells the Jante aluminum rims for $135 which they claim are the original fit and they certainly look like the...
  10. Which year Rangers had aluminum hoods

Which years had aluminum hoods and are the hinges the same?
  11. Dormans sells a $27 shifter bushing kit - Did you do it?

There are lots of youtube videos showing great manual shifter improvement for our trucks, just by replacing two plastic spacers, two press out pins and a metal washer right at the manual floor shifter pivot. If you did this, did you run into any issues and at what milage did you start to find...
  12. For Sale Armrest for sale black

This armrest is in pretty good condition except for one small cut repaired with a kit as well as I could manage (pictured). It held up well but I went with a top flipper armrest for needed storage. $20 - prefer local pickup in Chattanooga area Tennessee.
  13. Why did Ford change so much in 2010 Rangers only to stop production less than two years later?

In 2010 Ford added rear disk brakes, stability control and side air bags to the Ranger, but 2011 was their last year of production. Why add so many incentives to keep the line alive only to kill it the next year, especially since they sold quite few Rangers in 2010 and 11?
  14. Decode Door Sticker

I have a Ranger 2010 with an R in the TR section on the bottom. I can't find an R listed in the decoder. What does R signify?
  15. I got the new led 3rd brake light

Let me first say that I had problem leaks with the stock brake light. I tried silicone and that worked but for these I used window putty which is easier to work with and guarantees no leaks. I kind of like the this light which is black when not activated and quite bright when on.
  16. 2.3L ('02-'11) Location confusion of 2.3 Duratec PCV

I've been wanting to get to this for some time, Now when I look at various Youtube videos for the Duratec 2.3 PCV some say the PCV can only be reached if I remove the driver's fender liner. Another says I can just see it if I push away a hose. I plan to do this job this week but I'd like to have...
  17. Base Ranger- my favorite vehicle

A couple of days ago I posted a photo of my base level Ranger hauling dirt. A lot of fuss was made about my Daytona race car, but I’ve spent much of my life poor and just holding on, so talk about frivolous luxuries are something of a turn off to me. My favorite car is this truck I bought used...
  18. What about these aftermarket LED head and tail lights?

I'm interested in the C Bar LED one piece headlights and tail lights. They look cool to me and at $346 with shipping for all four lights they seem reasonably priced. How do they hold up? Are there installation issues? Are you glad you got them? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/402945430788
  19. 2.3L ('02-'11) How many hours did it take you to change timing chain on 2.3?

I have 121,000 miles now on my 2010 2.3, and I keep reading I can wait until I hear chain noise or bad performance indicating chain pin wear or gear wear. I see it's an interference engine and I can buy all the parts including the oil pump chain for under $100 (a bargain considering those are...
  20. I’m not paying someone to get a load of dirt. It took me one hour to load the truck, unload and clean the bed when I was done. Delivery is $150.

I’m not paying someone $150 to deliver dirt. Instead I paid only $35 for the dirt.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad