• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 94 4.0 cranks, fires, dies

If you look closely, you can see that cap is touching the component next to it, too. They're melted together.
  2. 94 4.0 cranks, fires, dies

RonD, you nailed it. Took out the computer and found this:
  3. 94 4.0 cranks, fires, dies

It gets better. Now we've gone from no fuel to ALL the fuel! As soon as I turn the key on, the injectors fill the cylinders with fuel, hydro-locking the engine. Swapped the damper on the fuel rail, no difference.
  4. 94 4.0 cranks, fires, dies

So the new eBay fuel pump is junk. The ground wire is broken off. Then I touched the blue wire and off it came. This thing is only 6 months old and looks 20.
  5. 94 4.0 cranks, fires, dies

Thanks for the welcome! The new fuel pump was put in when I first got the truck after it had sat 10 years. It was running well and just quit. Unfortunately, I'm not equipped to test pressure. CEL works as you described. I disconnected the TPS, no difference.
  6. 94 4.0 cranks, fires, dies

Hi all. As evidenced by my username I'm not a Ford guy. I have this Ranger here that's making me nuts. When I got it I replaced the non working fuel pump assembly and filter. It ran fine. One day it was idling in the yard and died. Now it won't run. It cranks, runs for a second, then dies. I can...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad