• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Stabilizer bar bushing bolt dimensions?

Hi, 1992 Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6 and 4WD. I'm going to replace my rear stabilizer bar bushings soon. Does anyone know the thread size, length and diameter for both the frame mount and link-to-link bolts? I did some research but was not able to make a positive determination on the bolt dimensions.
  2. Need to fix driveline clunk

92' Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. I have the textbook clunk or thump when starting from a dead stop. It's getting worse and sometimes I get a second thump after the initial thump while accelerating. I spent time looking at everything under the truck and I didn't see anything. I'm pretty sure the...
  3. Need to check condition of motor mounts.

I have a 'thump' and shuddering from underneath my truck. It seems like classic bad motor mount symptom. But I don't know yet. It might be something else. The motor mounts were replaced in 2015. I'm scheduled to get a warranty repair on my transmission in the coming days. The transmission shop...
  4. Rear ABS got anything to do with A4LD transmission?

92' Ford Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6 Does the Rear Anti-Lock braking system module and sensor in the differential, have any bearing on the operation of the A4LD automatic transmission? Or is that a entirely separate system?
  5. Straight drive shaft to replace transfer case

I'm not sure this is the correct sub forum. 92' Ford Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6 and push button 4WD. I have a very old transfer case with over 500,000 miles. It has caused driveshaft 'slop' for years. I might have no further need for it, and my 4WD is broke anyway. I talked to a local driveshaft...
  6. How does parking brake linkage work?

Hi, 92' Ford Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. My parking brakes barely engage when tested. I replaced the cables last year with a rear axle assembly swap . Notice how that cable fitting is not seated into the drum brake backing plate hole? Would that prevent the parking brakes from pressing onto the...
  7. I want to assemble new intermediate steering shaft.

92' Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. I'd like to replace my original intermediate steering shaft. I don't like the rag disc coupling design and the shaft is cut 1/3 of the way through by a careless mechanic years ago. The guy at Borgeson is confident I can assemble a new telescopic steering shaft that...
  8. Where are the vents on my rear axle assembly?

92' Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6 and push button 4WD. I just replaced a leaky rear axle wheel seal today. I heard that clogged axle tube vents can cause the rear bearing seal to leak gear oil. I know of one pin hole vent on top of the axle tube. I checked it today. Are there any more of these vents I...
  9. bent wheel cylinder push rod

Hello, 92' Ford Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6 and push button 4WD. I bent one of the rear drum brake wheel cylinder push rods on my truck. It looks like they no longer sell these for my make/model and year. But the ones they sell for other vehicles look exactly like mine. Here is what it looks like...
  10. Replacing leaf springs tomorrow

92' Ford Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. I want to replace my rear leaf springs and shackles tomorrow. The parts came pre-installed with bushings. I already did some reading on this. Can you just sum up the order in which I disconnect the parts? Also In the photo, look at the lower leaf spring bushing...
  11. Is it ok to buy cheap leaf springs?

I'm replacing the original rear leaf springs on my 92' Ford Ranger XLT 2.9 V6. 4WD is broke and I don't use it. Leaf springs generally cost around $220 where I live. I found one brand at one of the major auto parts chains that is about $110 cheaper that all the others. It makes me wonder why...
  12. What is this little clip on bulb socket? I lost it

92' Ford Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. This pigtail connector socket pictured below, is for the front turn signal/parking lamp. I crimp soldered in that connector last year. Just the other day, I was replacing the bulb and I lost the little retaining clip. You can see it in the photo. Is that clip...
  13. Project for maybe 3 years down the road

92' Ford Ranger Supercab with 2.9 V6................with 8.8 rear axle assembly for 99-2008 Ford Ranger. Friends, I have new drum brakes with my recently installed rear axle assembly. I want to let these drum brakes run their life cycle, and then be done with drums for good. I don't want to...
  14. Please elaborate on what you use to prevent seized brake drum

In a recent discussion, I described the problem of having a stuck brake drum. I had to pound it off. A couple of you were saying you use a lubricant to prevent seized brake drums. Can you be more specific on exactly where you apply the lubricant on what lubricant you use?
  15. Don't know what to do with left over part in drum brake hardware kit

92' Ford Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. This is all part of my rear axle assembly replacement with backing plates. The axle assembly is completely installed. But I have to redo the drum brakes. I have one part left over. What do I do with that black spring? (I just hung it there for display purposes.)...
  16. Brake drum stuck

I ran into a problem while working on rear axle assembly replacement. I can't get one of the brake drums off. If I can't get it off today, I'll have to sever the parking brake cable to remove the old axle assembly. My drum brake adjusting spoon was stolen. So maybe it's because I was using a...
  17. New rear axle requires different drum brake hardware

I have a 92' Ford Ranger with 2.9 V6. I am getting ready to do a complete rear axle assembly replacement at the end of the month. I am replacing the original 7.5 axle with an 8.8 axle.This requires a different Ranger model year range for the drum brake hardware kit. Some of the hardware kit...
  18. Are fine-wire spark plugs good for my truck?

92' Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. It's time to change my spark plugs. For many years. I have used the standard, cheap Motorcraft SP419 plugs. I am planning on installing the SP486 platinum fine-wire plugs because these are supposed to last longer. Are there any disadvantages in using these fine-wire...
  19. Which one is alternator output connection at starter relay?

I have a 92' Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. I need to test my alternator/voltage regulator for excessive voltage, with my multi-meter. The instructions in the manual say connect the positive lead to the alternator output connection at the starter relay. I included a photo of the starter relay. Which...
  20. Did I wire this turn signal pigtail incorrectly?

I have a 92' Ford Ranger XLT with 2.9 V6. Earlier this year, I crimped on a new left front turn signal/parking lamp connector since I was having lighting issues. Ever since, the left turn signal is diminished and flashes erratically only when the headlights are turned on. Also, the left turn...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad