• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Zmans

Project started, need some advice

The main reason I was trying to use both harnesses was to use some of the factory connections for the vam and baro to use on the engjne with a speeduino setup, since we have a global chip shortage and the ecu I want is out of stock, the idea is now scrapped. I’ll be going to a pimpx.
  2. Zmans

I’m on the same page. Feel like I’ll be exerting too much effort for an archaic system for the results I would expect.
  3. Zmans

Quick update…. And some info assistance, does the ranger harness play well from the 94 with the turbocoupe ecu, when re pinned?
  4. Zmans

Pimpx
  5. Zmans

I thankfully have the intact engine to swap parts from, on the fence about ditching the original dizzy for the packs. The dual plug head I have is original to the truck and it’s a iffy engine to begin with the original engine has over 200k on it vs my 79k turbo motor. Assuming if I do swap...
  6. Zmans

Definitely is a great point of reference. noticed you deleted the intercooler, any idea if the functional hood ducting can be easily modified to the ranger from the turbocoupe? The secondary dis ignition was wired to keep the coil pack did you ground out the first or second one or use a...
  7. Zmans

When you’re ready I’ll gladly take a walkthrough of your build so I can mimic the build. Especially since your experienced with this swap. Shoot me a message. Thanks
  8. Zmans

2005 Ford Ranger Won't Go Over 55 MPH

I had an issue like this somewhat similar and it ended up being a clogged up catalytic converter. Different manufacturer and vehicle, but it demonstrated some of the same symptoms.
  9. Zmans

Yes I snagged the vane air intake and harness wiring included. Think the turbocoupe functional scoop could be modified to work with the ranger hood in some capacity? I have a NOS Hx35 holset I would like to adapt to the motor eventually but not sure I’m ready for that jump yet I’ll need a front...
  10. Zmans

88 turbocoupe engine 79k stock clean I have the vam ecu and harness from the engine additional accessories as well. My initial thought is what all needs to be removed and replaced during the swap? I know I’ll be removing the dryer and lines corresponding. What else ? Notch the hood? Cowl? Any...
  11. Zmans

What did you do to your Ranger today? (Part Deux!)

Tried that, and the area still was not able to have enough clearance to run the truck. Used a block of wood and a jack to push the area up, without a million hammer marks.
  12. Zmans

1994 Axle flip ext. cab

I used the axle flip bracket which has a relocation hole that is aimed towards the front offset location. Spring is relocated under the axle. The driveshaft is rubbing under the rear of the cab, I recently swapped the 2 piece over to the aluminum 1 piece from a 99 ext cab 2wd 5 spd ranger.
  13. Zmans

1994 Axle flip ext. cab

Dropped rear 5 converted to single shaft. clearance issues with cab/tunnel. Driveshaft rubs .
  14. Zmans

Axle flip…just have some issues with the drive shaft contacting the cab, and I don’t think it’s all pinion angle any thoughts? 5 inch rear drop….
  15. Zmans

This was a few days ago, for some reason I couldn’t add my photo. Anyways…. Driveshaft swap goodbye carrier bearing, hello 99’ aluminum shaft. Smooth as silk and just yanked the bracket.
  16. Zmans

So noisy it shook the whole truck on impact :LOL:
  17. Zmans

So today I found this lurking Carrier bearing anyone? 😂
  18. Zmans

For Sale 1996 ford ranger 4x4 3.0 part out (NJ)

What do you want for the header panel and the bumper valence ?
  19. Zmans

My Ranger hates me

20. Zmans

Coronavirus

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/masking-science-sars-cov2.html That’s the cdc link. The “real world” efficacy I would presume reflects most of our interactions if not in a less concentrated environment . I’m having a hard time following how you didn’t correlate...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad