• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Robertmangrum.rm

Questions about carrier bearing

I frequent the Ford service department here locally. The Prevosts we build are a division of Volvo. So they share some electronics with Ford. So anyways. The service manager was outside when I pulled up yesterday. So he came over looking at my truck. So I got him to look at my carrier bearing...
  2. Robertmangrum.rm

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'd like to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. As your enjoying the holidays we always go around the table and ask 1 thing everyone is thankful for. I'd like to hear a few things you guys are thankful for. I'll start. -I'm thankful to have family and friends that I love and can count on. -Im...
  3. Robertmangrum.rm

1988 Aerostar

OK I've got a question. My dad has an Aerostar van with the 3.0 in it. Was these also based on the Ranger platform? I'm thinking of dragging it home, since the trams went out on it several years back. I was wanting to maybe find a donor and do a 4wd swap and turn it into a camper setup. Anyone...
  4. Robertmangrum.rm

Georgia adventure vehicle gathering

I'm think me and Zane are gonna run down for the weekend. Looks like several events and classes scheduled along with some great give aways. Would love to have some more come so we could represent TRS. I will as always be talking up the best group on the interweb haha. It is not free so I...
  5. Robertmangrum.rm

Squeaky leaf springs

As some of you know put a rear add a leaf in the Ranger. When I broke them apart in-between each leaf was a thin nylon plate. Not much thicker than a peice of paper. Well tha kit didn't come with one so I assembled it without and had no real issues other than sometimes they just squeak like...
  6. Robertmangrum.rm

Some questions about skid plates.

So I'm wanting to get some protection for underneath. I've got tons of scrap steel and aluminum around the shop. My question would be, what would be an acceptable thickness on aluminum skids? Also if I did them out of steel, I noticed the factory skids don't seem that thick but I'm sure the...
  7. Robertmangrum.rm

2023 events planned?

Just filling out my calender and was wondering if there were any events in the works? Really enjoyed the 21 event and hate I missed the 22. Hopefully I can make this years
  8. Robertmangrum.rm

2 Ford Rangers and a Taco out exploring

Made a friend who runs Hidden Gem Adventures and he showed me some new areas around me I never knew existed. Never quits amazing me how capable these little trucks can be.
  9. Robertmangrum.rm

New Ranger Raptor at Baja 1000

https://www.motor1.com/news/622732/ford-range-raptor-completes-baja-1000/
  10. Robertmangrum.rm

Another work project

Here's some pics of our latest overland van to leave the shop. 3 inch lift with 33 in tires 265 amp secondary Alt 440 watts of solar 600 amp hours of lithium batteries 3000w inverter Recycling water system Custom roof rack and step bars
  11. Robertmangrum.rm

Big Boy Pants

Today my Nissan buddy Randy put on his big boy pants. He broke down and sold the Nissan. Then went out and bought this It's a gem with a mildly built 4.6. Hope he's willing to scratch it at the Badlands haha
  12. Robertmangrum.rm

2022 Ranger Roundup

Any word on a 2022 Round up?
  13. Robertmangrum.rm

Carrier Bearing

Anyone know how much play should be in the carrier bearing on the driveshaft? Mine seems like it has about a 1/4 inch of play in it. Is that normal?
  14. Robertmangrum.rm

Big Fork TN

Me and Randy took the trucks to Prentice Cooper and rode a few muddy trails then hooked up with some guys from Hidden Gem Adventures who offered to take is to Big Fork. This is a largely privately owned area so you need someone familiar to keep you off private land. So of course we took them up...
  15. Robertmangrum.rm

NJ friends

Just wondering how our NJ friends were doing. I know you all got the flash flooding that we received in TN. Hope everyone is safe and ok
  16. Robertmangrum.rm

Is this one of you guys haha

https://fb.watch/7nTr1j5UDe/
  17. Robertmangrum.rm

When a tow truck cant get it done

So today we had a 25 ton bus break down in the parking lot. The tow truck driver got here and couldn't get lined up due to the position it broke down. So I jumped in the boss's F350 locked in the hubs and away we went. Tow truck driver hooked his chain and Ford tough was put to the test...
  18. Robertmangrum.rm

Think my boss has lost his mind.

So I come in from the holiday weekend and see this. I dont know but a spoiler on a 4x4 adventure van. Come on boss man. Not only is that ugly but makes using the rack a complete pain in the ass
  19. Robertmangrum.rm

100% gas vs. Gas with ethanol

In my area we have a few stations that offer 100% gas with no ethanol. It's a few cents higher than standard. Is this better to run in my truck? Is there any benefits? Just some questions. I thought that all new engines were designed to run a certain percentage of ethanol in the fuel.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad