• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Do 2.9s only use one HALF of a thrust bearing from the factory?

Catalogs' listings for various brands of main bearings use two thrust bearings, meanwhile the engine I just tore down only has one shell in the thrust main that actually has thrust bearing surfaces. What gives? Is it an automatic trans thing? either way it's getting a pair, its going into a...
  2. Upgraded head hardware

Has anyone found an ARP stud kit that fits a 2.9/4.0 that isn't the $400 kit from morana? I'm thinking about ordering some 12.9 hardware from mcmaster-carr to replace the TTY stuff they come with. My turbo truck keeps stretching head bolts and blowing head gaskets.
  3. Anyone on here rebuild an FM146?

There are pretty obvious big snychros, and little synchros. They are easy to replace. I'm mainly having issues determining which spot the one 'thick" synchronizer ring goes. I didn't pay attention while disassembling, that's my own fault. I ended up using all the small synchronizers and reusing...
  4. Preferred cooling system flush products.

Any recommendations for a chemical flush? The cooling system (hoses, freeze plugs, head gaskets) in my truck are all top notch, however the internals of everything are coated in rusty garbage. I can flush it with straight water as many times as I like, and it will always come out brown. It's...
  5. SOLD! Rattle-Free 4.0SOHC, Complete FM146, FM145 Parts

[SOLD]Pulled from an '00 Explorer, truck had a tree fall on it, so it never had a major, condemning, mechanical failure. Drove into my garage just fine, one month cold start with no rattle or other noises. Engine has ~150k, timing chains serviced at about 70k according to the previous owner...
  6. Low profile, locked hub possibility?

Is there such a thing as a permanently locked hub? To just remove the mechanism completely, to save space? I'm converting my 4x4 truck into an AWD truck (once I get access to an aerostar AWD case) and in the process I'm going to leave the hubs locked, 24/7. Having the manual hubs stick so far...
  7. Wanted 2.9 Hot Rod Parts

Cams, rocker spacers, ported bits, anything relating to making a 2.9 not as slow. I'll even buy a core engine if it has some nice parts in it.
  8. SOLD! Misc EFI parts & 1350 Tcase, can ship.

'87 2.9 Injectors, 14lb/hr. Pulled from my daily driver, no issues. $30 + shipping. '95 Taurus SHO injectors, 24lb/hr. Pulled from junkyard, ran in my truck for a while, no issues. Can provide o-rings, grommets, clips & tips as well. $40 + shipping. 2.9 TFI Distributor. Another good part...
  9. 2.9 Turbo Setup

Figured i'd post this in this sub-forum, too. I have a writeup on the 2.9L subforum. 10psi, completely stock late model engine, top to bottom. https://youtube.com/shorts/Lc9F5a-cqGs?feature=share If cross-posting like this isn't allowed, feel free to remove.
  10. 2.9 Turbo Project

2.9s are slow. In a truck application. If I owned an mx-5, it would get a 2.9. Very big British sports car vibes. But I don't, so here's my little solution to the 2.9 slowness. Ebay turbo, generic t3/t4 sizing. Ebay intercooler, way too big, but it fits my needs (and fits between the frame...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad